dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Graphic first frame issue

Graphic first frame issue

Hi guys,

I've got an embedded video in my CS4 AS3 project and I've converted it to a graphic. I'd like the graphic to start at frame 25 instead of the default frame 1, and I've entered 25 into the "first" option of the looping options. In the author mode I can see the graphic has jumped to frame 25 which is great but when I publish the swf file the graphic starts at frame 1.

I'm not sure how I can fix this, is there something I've missed? Is this a bug in CS4?

Thanks for any advice,

Steven.

I'm guessing that the deployed version going like this:

- Start swf
    - frame 1 says goto Frame 25 of video
    - can't find frame 25 of video since it hasn't downloaded yet
    - just skips it.

Flash isn't great at waiting for things to be ready (unless your using listeners). You'd have to have a pre-loader script to figure out when that frame has loaded and then start by going to frame 25.
    Play Intimate Tonight!
    Check it out here

Hmm thanks for this, you could be onto something. I also tried it in CS3 with a combination of settings (AS, flash player, fps) and it still won't jump to frame 25 when the graphic first enters the stage.

Weird thing is I've used graphics with embedded videos before and told the graphic to start at a certain frame with no problems and its only now I've bumped into this problem. I'm comparing my graphic that doesn't work with another (in a different flash project) and I can't see any noticeable difference. Clearly there is an issue with the video but its not particularly large or high quality, the only difference between this video and the one that works is this video has an alpha channel.

Am really stumped on this. Have found a really dirty work around but I would love to know the cause/solution to this problem.