A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriage - oh my!

Gay Marriage - oh my!

Yesterday my moms officially got married. It was my first "real" gay marriage but I have a feeling it won't be my last in my life time. It was a nice small event with about 60-70 people. My RICH neighbor let us use his property because he has his own dance hall / bar setup with horse shoe pits, boccie course, etc- anything we needed. Turned out to be a great day.

Open bar(neighbor had his own stock and just let us drink) so that wasn't all too bad either

How was all your weekends?

ended up being an official photographer for this club up in Burlington too so I got VIP access for the event I went to friday
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I got back from a week in Ibiza and now I need a holiday!

Way cool to read about your moms getting married.

I always liked outdoor shindigs for wedding reception.
    No mention of volleyball.

Also cool on the shooting gig.

Congrats, Wannabe! That's fantastic!
    Pics?

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    your neighbor sounds ridiculously cool
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I've lived across the street from him for years and have only really talked to him in passing but yesterday was great and he is actually pretty classic. He owned a construction company back in CT and this was his summer home but his wife got a better job up here so he sold his company and retired. He just spends all day working on his property. It is an amazing piece of land. Actually just also found out he owns 300 acres! That is A LOT for this area.

In the link below you can see his property. It's his house, a big ass garage for a bunch of equipment like back-hoes and all sorts of fun little toys. Then there is the hall which is all finished in now with a big open area and a bar with walk in fridge and 6 beer taps. Then on the outside of that there is enough grilling space to do insane parties- also with a dedicated pig roasting pit with motorized spinner. 2 nicely made horse shoe pits, and actually 2 boccie areas.

Then he has a road that goes back into the woods that he made a man made pond(18' deep) and since this photo was taken he now has another pond next to that that filters into the main pond(which is stocked with trout) with a fully furnished cabin that's probably 20'20' with a custom made poker table with a marble top that he uses "when the boys come over" and a sign that says "only poker players and loose women past this point"...classic guy

this guy is just exploding with cash- but obviously worked his ass off his whole life.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...h&z=16&iwloc=A

and as far as photos I was IN the wedding and was too busy enjoying the day to take any photos. But when my sister post what she took i'll post something.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Pretty damn awesome.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Get a lot of planes going over your head?

Yeah we actually have several small planes fly over our back field daily. You get used to it and the biggest planes that go by(loudest) are the fedex ones. I think the biggest plane that come into this airport are like 24 seaters.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    congrats to your moms ...sounds like it was good fun and you have a good neighbour.

david

the VIP into the club sounds like a good score as well.
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

Here are a few my sister took.

I look so happy!

My mom with her fist up

Happy family. That's my older sister on the left(same parents). I'm standing next to my mom.

Here's the hall I was talking about.

The guy is my neighbor and the women is a family friend...notice all the empty bottles.

I also notice all the 2-buck Chuck on the top shelf. Woof.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Someone else brought that. He didn't have anything cheap out there trust me.

wine snob

no one has noticed the best part of all those photos yet...*hint* it's in the hall photo

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    no one has noticed the best part of all those photos yet...*hint* it's in the hall photo
    Grandma came??

david
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

last hint- pink.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    last hint- pink.
    that lovely shade of lipstick you're wearing?

4th photo down of the hall...the guy in pink.

RAT TAIL - it was curled too.

I like my version better

I vote for his title to read "Mod-be he's born with it... Mod-be it's maybelline"

Oh your picture wasn't showing up before- haha classic stuff.