A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Jigsaw sigh

Jigsaw sigh

I've looked around (including this place) for some ideas on making a dymantic Jigsaw Puzzle in MX.. But everytime i get somewhere, they say something like 'Appy filter' and i say.. hang on,, there ISN'T that in MX! You mean MX2004 or something like that... -_- i wish people would label stuff right...

Anyway.. so far, i found 1 Jigsaw that is done to work with MX (as in, Flash6) that can create the puzzle on the fly, and that is 'Jiggy'.. Alas, i can understand the soucecode givin (No comments) and i have tried to contact the authour but he has either changed his e-mail or long since stopped replying to e-mails...

So.. I have tried from scratch myself.. I tried with Masking.. the idea that it might take up some resouces but each piece of the jigsaw is a mask that shows part of the image under it. This has still lead to problem though.. So.. any one has any ideas as to what might be a good way to go this, or any ideas on links to any place that might give such information?

There's a jigsaw done in MX in this book: http://garyrosenzweig.com/books/book9.html he used masking so you're on the right track... Either decompile that jigsaw to take a peek and figure out how he's doing it, or buy the book (might have to try ebay I doubt this has been printed in a few years!)

I must say, that one is no good. I do know the book, but must say i haven't gotten around to buying that one..
    I'm not big on decompiling as both the illgeal issues (In thoery, it is Illgeal to own a decompiler.. or atlest, was when i got into programming) and the Moral issues, but i can say that is NOT created on the fly. That is the way to simple and a pain 'precreation' way. He has made each piece before hand, then uses the masking to review the image under the puzzle when the pieces are 'locked' into place. That's visible without decompiling it to me ^_^

anyway, thanks, but like i said, that is all done before hand so no help.
    So to show people the game i refered to at first, Jiggy is on Flash kit here:
    http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Games...7411/index.php
    As you can see.. the code has no comments, i have e-mailed the creator with no luck.. and, well, if anyone can figure out more of the code then i, that would be nice...