A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The United States is out of control

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Why do you say that?
    The word itself is so sensitive to be part of a joke it can spark a racial debate.
    Last edited by Damaso; 09-17-2009 at 11:12 AM.
    "Long live fk'ers, keep fk'ing."

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Damaso View Post
    I was just having a conversation with my cousin about what worst could happen if Obama is assassinated just like JFK, it will be a major racism issue.
    I don't know what would frighten me more.. possible riots or joe biden.

His name will even go down as national hero and will have his own holiday in the calendar. My cousin joked, "Good! let's have three more black president, that way we will have a week of holiday when they get shot.
    there are 5 days in a week.. your cousin needs an abacus.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Meh. I feel as if most people are racist anyway. I'm willing to almost bet that everybody here has had a racist moment in their life against another group of individuals, even in the slightest, it's still there in most people.

To be overly sensitive to it, it's too tiring. Sometimes you just gotta let the idiots live... and hopefully die. Too bad they breed like roaches.
    I remember being racist, very faintly. But without evening knowing that I was. I must have been about 4 or 5 years old, late 80s early 90s. Berlin Wall kind of time. Back then I used to live in Surrey, a ‘jolly good show old boy’ county just outside of London and attended a public school in the British sense (private to Americans). It was a small school, with about 10 people in each class. Having never ventured further than France, being stuck in the country side and with Andy Peters not yet on TV, I had yet to encounter anybody who wasn't white. One day two African black kids arrived at our school. There really were the only two for miles around. They arrived mid-way through term, so you know what having the “new” kid is like. We were all very confused and the teacher explained to us that they were born in Britain, but their parents were from South Africa and their father had a job in London. Not wanting to live in a bustling city, they moved to the country.

I vaguely remember playing some sort of game which involved running around in a circle and holding hands, and here's the bit where you fall of your chair, I can remember being slightly afraid of holding hands with the new kid because his hand looked very odd to me.

It's oddly enough one of my oldest memories, probably due to its ridiculousness. Since then we moved into London and now I think it's almost fair to say that at least half of my friends are non-white British, not by birth.
    Last edited by asheep_uk; 09-17-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damaso View Post
    The word itself is so sensitive to be part of a joke it can spark a racial debate.
    I disagree. Dave Chappelle and Richard Pryor alone buck what you stated about jokes dying once the word black is uttered.

I'm not overly sensitive to thinly veiled or slight racism; however I do have an extreme issue with overt racism.

I can joke with the best, I know the stereotypes. I love the fact that I embody none of the stereotypes that idiotic people tend to hold unto yet I know of them. I think your assessment is a bit skewed.

To be honest, mine might be as well.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I disagree. Dave Chappelle and Richard Pryor alone buck what you stated about jokes dying once the word black is uttered.
    is there a white successful comedian that has made black jokes... and lets pick one from the past decade or two? (kramer doesn't count, and not the giant white girl either)

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyLittleCar View Post
    is there a white successful comedian that has made black jokes... and lets pick one from the past decade or two? (kramer doesn't count, and not the giant white girl either)
    Besides George Carlin... you'd have to give me time.

Quite surprised you listed Kramer/Michael Richards.

Personal hero of yours?

Those were black jokes he told? Interesting.

And why doesn't lisa lampanelli count? Ralphie Mae?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

^ Daniel Tosh.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashLackey View Post
    Wait. Speaking out about issues is unpatriotic and adolescent. But, laughing in a 15 year olds face without telling them why and insulting them later on an internet forum is...?
    That's a near sighted spin-worthy misinterpretation of my post. I defy anyone on this forum to highlight where I have stated a blanket disagreement with those who speak out about issues actually based in reality. I feel I made it quite clear that my disgust lies with desperate fear mongering unfounded allegations trumpeted by broadcasting companies who need to make payroll. Not to mention nonsensical personal attacks and insults repeated by mouth breathers. It is so far from patriotic that it borders terrorism.

As far as laughing, I'd laugh just as hard watching an old lady walk into sliding glass door. It's not my fault it's funny. Tell him why? Do you honestly think someone who chose to spend their day that way was open to opposition? Come off it... really.

Meh. I feel as if most people are racist anyway. I'm willing to almost bet that everybody here has had a racist moment in their life against another group of individuals, even in the slightest, it's still there in most people.

To be overly sensitive to it, it's too tiring. Sometimes you just gotta let the idiots live... and hopefully die. Too bad they breed like roaches.
    Most all my racist moments lately are in response to treating someone of ethnicity with kindness. A smile and a hello towards the cashier almost always evokes a response as if I just spat on them. This just after the person in front of me who happened to share the same race gets treated like an old friend. I agree, everyone of us carries a least a little bias for what its worth. But when I cross the street to avoid a walking group of warning signs, the last thing I'm going to feel is guilty.

Quite surprised you listed Kramer/Michael Richards.

Personal hero of yours?
    was the only white guy I could think of that hit racial stereotypes as hard as chapelle and others had... and well it was neither intentional nor did it work out to well for him.

My point was that in comedy some have felt that there have been two standards in terms of crossing racial boundaries in joking about stereotypes.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post

And why doesn't lisa lampanelli count? Ralphie Mae?
    She isn't funny.

who is ralphie mae.. the little kid from a christmas story?

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    I dare you to point out an ethnic group he didn't touch. Perhaps the Inuit escaped his scope... perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN View Post
    Most all my racist moments lately are in response to treating someone of ethnicity with kindness. A smile and a hello towards the cashier almost always evokes a response as if I just spat on them. This just after the person in front of me who happened to share the same race gets treated like an old friend. I agree, everyone of us carries a least a little bias for what its worth. But when I cross the street to avoid a walking group of warning signs, the last thing I'm going to feel is guilty.
    I don't blame you. I don't head into the middle of a clan rally either. Normally.

But I've done it. Thrice.

was the only white guy I could think of that hit racial stereotypes as hard as chapelle and others had... and well it was neither intentional nor did it work out to well for him.

My point was that in comedy some have felt that there have been two standards in terms of crossing racial boundaries in joking about stereotypes.
    That wasn't comedy. That was a man who had done stand-up before and just basically had a meltdown. As Paul Rodriguez stated "You have to be prepared for that kind of stuff..."

If you call that comedy, I'll seriously have to rethink how civil I remain with you.

GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

He's fat. Black people laugh at Peter Griffin too.

That wasn't comedy. That was a man who had done stand-up before and just basically had a meltdown. As Paul Rodriguez stated "You have to be prepared for that kind of stuff..."

If you call that comedy, I'll seriously have to rethink how civil I remain with you.
    it wasn't comedy and that is my point.

I have heard individuals such as chapelle, martin lawrence etc etc. make jokes about white stereotypes. The only time I have heard a white comedian make jokes about black stereotypes (recently) is when they are flipping out or decide they want to kill their career.

I could be way wrong.. I really haven't listened to a stand up comedy show is quite some time. my frame of reference is really 90-05 or so.

tglc i sent you a link that id post here but theres to many f bombs.

it wasn't comedy and that is my point.

I have heard individuals such as chapelle, martin lawrence etc etc. make jokes about white stereotypes. The only time I have heard a white comedian make jokes about black stereotypes (recently) is when they are flipping out or decide they want to kill their career.
    Then they're not good comedians. But I've seen it done... I'll look around for more examples.

Then they're not good comedians. But I've seen it done... I'll look around for more examples.
    I'll take your word for it.

I think it really is a matter of a comedian playing to his crowd. I think there was more sensitivity towards racial sensitivity in the 90s.

here is the thing about a white comedian making jokes about black sterotypes.. they need to be fearless. they need to not be afraid that the joke might come off as "rascist". 99% of white comedians cant do it. if people get upset about a joke about a sterotype, then they shouldnt be at a comedy show.

http://comedians.comedycentral.com/d...---cannibalism
    Does Lenny Bruce count?
    Last edited by jAQUAN; 09-17-2009 at 03:49 PM.

I'll take your word for it.

I think it really is a matter of a comedian playing to his crowd. I think there was more sensitivity towards racial sensitivity in the 90s.
    We saw the 90's differently. Perhaps around the OJ Simpson verdict, it was "sensitive"... but hell, that knocked down more barriers than created. It was ok to joke about the murderous black man with the black rhyming lawyer. I swear even Pauly Shore had jokes about that.