A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help animating tree (growing and swaying in wind) - Ideas Please!

Help animating tree (growing and swaying in wind) - Ideas Please!

Hi guys,

Basically, I'm trying to make a cool CV to get myself a job.... i have designed a design that I am going to use for printing, but want to make a cool flash version too.

I think the most obvious way to do this is to use masks, but I'm finding it difficult to get a smooth mask going (and growing in several directions) without it distorting horribly. I appreciate i may have to alter the design for flash, but just wondered if anyone had any thoughts/ideas/tutorials on how i can get around a natural growing look and possibly a "light wind" effect (which should be easy i think by making the branches move slightly)

I've attached a copy of the design!

Thanks in advance

Rob

Design >>

Last edited by robsarna; 09-18-2009 at 05:43 AM. Reason: add picture

amazing Flash wind effect (and others) here. Maybe you can learn the code(AS3) and tweak it for your tree

thanks Jujumon, that is an awesome effect... definately give that a go

Some feedback:

1) It's GCSE, not GSCE. Might not sound much, but if you are competing against a lot of other people, spelling mistakes will get your work put straight into the waste bin. If you can't spell, get someone who can to look at it before you send it off.

2) If you are after larger movements than leaves rustling, you may care to look at some animation software called Anime Studio. It's not too expensive, and it uses 'bones' to easily simulate movement. It can export Flash animations. There is a trial version, so you can check for free whether you like it or not.