A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Fullscreen cursor change in chrome

Question Fullscreen cursor change in chrome

Ok, so I've been around forever looking for an answer. If I open up my site in google chrome (http://thecardchest.com/) and click and card, then preview, then full preview it goes to full screen mode.

Here is where it gets messed up. The cursor now seems locked in whatever state it was last. Sometimes a hand cursor, sometimes a resize cursor, sometimes just a pointer. Then when I exit out of fullscreen it stays in that state.

It doesn't change on button rollover or if you click terms at the bottom the edges are supposed to be a resize cursor. Even after hiding the mouse icon it still doesn't change!

Anyone run into this. Is there a solution?
    ecards - My full flash site.

Could be a focus problem. Try this:
    PHP Code:
    import flash.external.ExternalInterface;
    ExternalInterface.call("focus"); 
    when changing displayState, both ways.

gparis

Ahh dang didn't work. It looked promising though, as something I hadn't heard of before. I tried this:

code:

function respondFunction() {
    ExternalInterface.call("focus");
    }
    var fullListener:Object = new Object();
    listener.onFullScreen = respondFunction;
    Stage.addListener(fullListener);

Along with attempting to put the call in where my fullscreen gets called and on a timer to see if waiting a bit helped.
    One thing I did notice is after you exit fullscreen, if you resize the chrome browser by dragging a corner, the mouse goes back to normal. Won't help with the people surfing though, but if I could somehow tap into what happens there...

Oh, by the way, like the site in your sig. The animated dog is a nice touch too.

You imported the Class, right? like in my example.

I actually use that code on my site, on and out of fullscreen, so you don't have to click on the swf again to regain focus. Which would make me think that your clicking to resize would be another symptom of the same focus problem.

Did you try the exact code i posted?

thx for the nice comment.

gparis

Yes. Notice in google chrome your site has the same problem. When you go fullscreen it stays on the hand cursor. When you exit, the buttons do not have a hand cursor on rollover.

Look at that! It seems to be an issue with google chrome. I made a small search and found lots of complaints from youtube users & fullscreen videos. Not much on google though.

gparis

I fixed it!
    Or...well, it fixed itself. I think a chrome update or something. But the problem seems gone. You see it gone on your end as well?