A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [AS2] Animation maker

[AS2] Animation maker

I'm trying to make an animation maker, no need for ability to save the results or anything, but just so the user could make a simple animation via .swf.

At the moment I've got a simple sketchpad where you draw (simple lineTo) in a movieclip (created via AS), and I've got multiple movieclips ("MovieClip1", "MovieClip2", etc.) in different frames with a button that makes it go to next frame.
    So I'm wondering if it's possible to store the lines in AS-created movieclips somehow (without serverside stuff), and then retrieve them in separate frames in a 'holder'.

It so far: http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1253977262

Also, you can still draw in the 'animation', even if the drawingscripts are in the previous frames o_O?
    Sorry for doubletopic, lagging... Can't delete own threads??
    Last edited by Itisasecret; 09-27-2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Need to add something

You only have 10 minutes after posting. I'll do it for you.

gparis

If you want to save the state of your movieclips, instead of putting them in separate frames, try instead to keep them both in one from and toggle the _visible property of each. That way it won't clear your lines.

Another way would be to look into bitMapData and the draw() or copyPixels() function. This way you would draw onto it by drawing a movieclip you use as a "brush" and the bitmapdata would be attached to the movieclip and kept in it's state as a separate variable.
    ecards - My full flash site.

Got it working now by changing their _visible, thanks: http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1254143607.
    Time to try crank it up a notch, saving.
    I'm assuming shared objects can't handle raw movieclips => Need to convert?
    I'd rather not go with serverside if just possible, not having any knowledge about that stuff at all (But if simple enough, fire away.). Any ideas are welcome.
    Last edited by Itisasecret; 09-28-2009 at 09:52 AM.