A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Using Flash for CV - Silhouette Extraction

Hybrid View

Using Flash for CV - Silhouette Extraction

Hello,

I've been trying to find a straightforward use of CV for extracting a person's silhouette via webcam using AS3. I know this is achievable through either motion detection or background subtraction; I'm not versed enough on this to really start from scratch.

If anybody knows of some example on the web, hopefully with sourcecode, please direct me to it. I don't need examples referring only on motion detection or background subtraction, I need to know how to achieve a simple silhouette extraction from a neutral & binary background.

Thanks a lot for your time!

I cant believe this thread is still unreplied. I know there's a lot of wizards in this forum, is it possible that nobody knows where to point me out? I'm just looking for a person's contour extraction from a webcam feed.

Please, any vague ideas or links are appreciated (the most precious AS3 links don't seem to be that popular with google).

Thanks in advance,

Will moderate for beer
    If you have a shot of the background alone, you can use a difference operation to get those pixels which are sufficiently different.

If you don't have a shot of the background alone, but the background is relatively uniformly colored, you can still do a threshold operation against that color.