A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Deleting frames from start of timeline

Hybrid View

Deleting frames from start of timeline

Maybe I'm being thick here but here goes.
    I'm using Flash CS4 and I have to trim a .fla file down. I can delete the end frames no problem, but the first 600 frames that I have to remove are proving to be a nightmare. When I use the select>right-click>delete method it doesn't remove these frames, instead it removes the corresponding amount of frames from the end.
    Please tell me I'm being stoopid and that you know what to do.
    Did I say I'm new at this? Does it show?

AS2 intolerant person
    left click the first frame, hold shift and click on the frame you want to delete up to, then right click on the selected frames, and click 'remove frames'.

flos

Still No Joy

Thankyou for replying.
    I tried doing as you suggested, but unfortunately to no avail. The same thing happens. 50 frames, for example, taken from any place in the file aren't removed and 50 are just cut off the end. I am using a 100% legal copy of Flash btw just in case you wondered. Could there be any special permissions on certain .fla files that would cause this effect do you think, as the file I'm trying to edit was created elsewhere and I have been asked to edit it to embed in a webpage?

Hi,

I have the identical problem with Flash 8

Has anyone found an answer to this please

I tried moving the frames to the end (but that didn't work)

Are you just wanting Blank Keyframes at the beginning of the FLA? You can not Delete frames and have the content stay where it is at on the timeline. It will always shift to the Left. If you are wanting to remove the content to stay where it is, then you will need to add a blank keyframe. Shift+F5 is a shortcut to deleting frames.

If some part of the FLA is not deleting, you could check the layer to see if it is locked. If you want to post the FLA, I could take a look for you.