A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Why doesn't it loop seamlessly?

[RESOLVED] Why doesn't it loop seamlessly?

Hi guys,

I have a piece of video on a loop, but I cant seem to get it to run seamlessly. There is a fraction of a second stop when it gets to the end/start. I created a video to work as a loop and then to test it I put the same clip serveral times in video editing timeline and it ran back to back seamlessly. So I know there is no problem with the clip itself.

So anyway, i've tried a few different ways now to get it to loop seamlessly in Flash. At the moment I am using a FLVplayback component linked to my video, and the action script on the FLVplayback component is>

on (complete) {
    this.autorewind =true;
    this.play();
    }

Again it loops, but not seamlessly. Please, can anyone see what the problem is. Been at it for a couple of days now

TheFuller.
    Last edited by TheFuller; 10-16-2009 at 08:20 AM.

AS2 intolerant person
    look, you have to make sure the clip duration to the second. if its 4.2 seconds long, it wont work because flash will round the frames off to the nearest frame.

so if your clip is about 4 seconds long, make sure it is exactly 4 seconds long, minus 1 frame. then it will loop perfectly.

flos

ps. you should really take this to the video copilot. they are more into video perfection there.

Ah, did not know Flash did that. That makes sence, my video cilp is like 1.7 seconds. I'll edit it again and round it off to 2 secs.

Thanks again flo.

For those that are interested, I finally got my video clip to loop seamlessly. It wasn't actionscript I needed in the end, although looking around it can be done that way.

What worked for me, was I imported the clip into After Effects > saved as SWF and checked the loop option. Then imoprted SWF to my stage. Now loops seamlessly. Not sure why it works that way, but hey, it works and that's good enough for me

Once again, thanks for taking the time out to help me flos

TheFuller.

AS2 intolerant person
    lets see it in action then :P