A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Game selection for site - opinions?

Game selection for site - opinions?

Hey,

I am a flash games developer (GP Studios - Bunny Invasion games) and just launched my own games site a few weeks ago.

We decided to be pretty strict on games we added to the site, choosing to only upload the best. Our theory being that most sites just add anything new, and the visitor has to wade through the rubbish to find whats good.

We play every game we add, and try to be open-minded on what we add ( even if we don't like it but it's a good game we would still upload).

We launched the site with 100 games and then since we are adding 2 games a day.
    We have a good backlog of games to add, so for now we are adding one 'old' game that was released a while back, and one 'new' or at least relatively new game each day.

Anyway to get to the point, what do you think about our game selection thus far?
    There are still quite a few obvious popular games missing, but they will be in our pool of older games to add, and should be adding in the next couple months.

Site Link:
    http://www.gpstudios.com

Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Nice selection there dude and admire your "mantra" as it were about only good games but to be brutally honest a lot of the people that play these games wont be that arsed that you've decided to filter out the poo games so I wouldn't waste your time. Only difference between your site and all the other game sites will be that you have less games!

Ooh.. you missed out this one

http://www.maxgames.com/game/pizza-shack.html

Game Player - Developer scheletro's Avatar
    Great selection, but there are many kinds of people and maybe you are selecting what you and your team think is good.

Also the layout of the web page should be better, is very simple, I love sites with great desings, I dont feel Im in a games site

Wish you the best good luck.

"I love to make them as I love to play them"