A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash MX & Windows 7

Exclamation Flash MX & Windows 7

I guess this might be half a message and half a question but:
    I have Flash MX.. Not Flash MX 2002 or whatever, Flash MX! ^_^ I have just upgraded my system to Windows 7. I got it a couple of days ago about only was able to upgrade today. Anyway, I have noticed that when you try to open a movie clip in, it is notiably slow. Takes a couple of seconds or so to open. This is VERY noticable. I have tried compact mode and no good.

So, if you do upgrade to Windows 7, be warned you will notice a slow down in openning movie clips, or really anything else like groups, graphics etc. True, my file i'm loading has a fair bit of stuff, but still. That's the message part. The question part is:
    Anyone else notice this or has an idea of getting around it (Apart from 'Update Flash'.. Money at the moment isn't good enought to update flash and i'm more then happy enought with MX)
    Last edited by Manic_Man; 10-23-2009 at 06:04 PM. Reason: small update

For anyone intrested, the problem is easy to fix. Just go to the compatibility properties for Flash MX and tell it to disable desktop composition.

Thumbs up

Hi! I only registered here to Thank you for making this thread and finding a solution for this problem, thanks so much. Two years and a month later, you have saved me a lot of grief!

Wish I could buy you a beer!