Hi,
I'm new to this site. I'd like to share my film making story.
There's one contest that I participated in,
which required to come up with an original idea for a video commercial to promote a product (Herbon cough drops).
I have never done any producing/directing/filming before, and it was quite a challenge. First, I had to come up with a unique idea, which would target 20-30 year olds, and communicate key benefits for the product. Then, to recruit a good cast, to get a camcoder, borrow a tripod, to actually shoot the video.. It took about 7-8 takes for each scene, to get it right. And then, edit the video. Editing was actually my favorite part. I used iMovie on my Mac, it has many nice features, such as Ken Burns. It was a lot of work! All in all, I like the result.
The first rating that I received, was 2/5. I was so disappointed! I was certain, that the idea was catchy, and video editing was done well. But 2/5?? Ah.. Later on, I received many 5/5, so I was happy again, lol. But of course, this video is nowhere near professionally done commercial. I just cooked my first pancake, so to say, to build up the appetite
It was an amazing experience.
p.s. if you will decide to watch my video entry, please rate on youtube, o reply here with your feedback. I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
My entry link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye7mQEjjkJw