A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please Help my flash not showing in IE

Please Help my flash not showing in IE

This is the very simple code for the page, I have stripped out the restof the code just to get to the bare minimum code to show the .swf. It works fine with firefox but nothing is shown in IE. The .swf name (front.swf) is lowercase.

How can I show the swf in IE please? Thank you:
    Code:
    <div id="contenttabs" style="padding-left:10px; margin-top:0px; padding-top:0px;">
    		<div style="padding-left:10px; margin-top:0px; padding-top:0px;" class="box">
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="front.swf" width="523" height="450">
    <param name="movie" value="front.swf" /></object>	
    	</div>

Try this...

Code:
    <div id="contenttabs" style="padding-left:10px; margin-top:0px; padding-top:0px;">
    <div style="padding-left:10px; margin-top:0px; padding-top:0px;" class="box">
    <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0" width="523" height="450">
    <param name="movie" value="front.swf" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <embed src="front.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="523" height="450"></embed>
    </object>	
    </div>
    Flash game tutorials and articles at www.FlashGamesClassroom.com
    Viral Flash Games : Editable, rebrandable Flash games with FLA source files. Use them on your own sites, rebrand and sell to your clients, or use as learning tools!