dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: SWFAddress setStatus

SWFAddress setStatus

Hi. I'm using SWFAddress. 2.4 with AS3 (Flash CS4) and everything works, EXCEPT it won't change the browser's status bar text when I call SWFAddress.setStatus. Even the samples they provide and the ones on their website won't change it like they're supposed to. I tried it in FF3.5 and IE8 and it doesn't work, and doesn't cause any errors. As far as I can tell, it's not firing the setStatus function in Javascript. Does anyone have any ideas why it wouldn't be working?

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    The setStatus doesn't work in most browsers. I know for a fact it doesn't work in Firefox. It's just a security restriction imposed by browsers.

Hey, Myfriendisataco. Thanks for your reply! Someone had told me that feature had stopped being allowed in browsers a while back, but for some reason I thought I had seen it work recently. Anyway, thanks for the info - It makes sense with all the phishing going on and such to not allow that, I just thought it would be helpful to my users. I'll work on using tooltips instead. Thanks again!