A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: making mp4 progressive

making mp4 progressive

I am attempting to play an mp4 video in Flash. The video must load completely before it will play. From my research it seems that I must do something to the video so that it will progressively load.

Can someone explain more about this and recommend any freeware I can use to alter the mp4 so it will load progressively into Flash?

Is this a QuickTime video? Progressive downloading is mainly a function of the Web server. Contact your host to see if that file type is supported for progressive downloads. If it's a QT video, I don't think I've ever seen them progressively download.
    EfV

Thanks for your note. I am not sure if it is encoded from QuickTime or not. I contacted the video editor about this. I read a post in video forum that there is some kind of way to transcode mp4 to progressive mp4, though who knows how reliable that information is.

I am not familiar with the server settings required to make something download progressively. Can you provide a url to a web site with more information about this?

I am trying to use the mentioned QTIndexSwapper.air application, however my system does not seem to launch this .air file. Windows XP asks for an application to run the air application. I guess this is some weird file typing issue.

Are there any other tools I can use to change the moov atom?