A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Burning Man

Burning Man

Anyone ever been? I've been browsing around Flickr at the 2009 photos and it just seems like such an amazing place to be for that week it goes on. I think I might have to start planning now for next year...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Amazing place to be until it goes from 115 degrees in the desert --> brutal sand/windstorm. Most don't return after that experience. I've not been, but lots of second hand accounts which pretty much mirror what I've outlined above. A few hardcore annual attendees tend to have differing thoughts. Bring your own (everything).

Also, not sure if you know about this, but they are very photo-restrictive...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning...y_restrictions
    Last edited by hanratty21; 11-20-2009 at 02:50 PM.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Yeah I know you have to be part of some media outlet and get passes if you want to publish them. It would be more of a personal collection thing but I want to go for more then the photos. It looks like an epic once in a lifetime experience. Well unless you're like some who go for a whole month EVERY year. Just looks like such a great place to meet some wild characters.
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 11-20-2009 at 03:05 PM.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I don't know who goes for a month -- it's only a week around Labor Day.

In one of the flickr streams a guy was talking about how he goes out to the desert for a month surrounding it. There is a ton of things around Burning Man also so I'm sure you could easily spend a month out there. I personally wouldn't want to but the people who live for that stuff could I suppose.

Dude - not sure who you've been talking to, but there is nothing out there. Nothing. It's 3 hours from Reno...and that ain't saying much. My guess is that the filckr guy had a pocket full of acid and probably hasn't had a steady job in 10 years.

wannabe, you're such a dirty hippy.

Not exactly a hippie but whatever you want to call it.

hippie.

Do as you like, go where you please
    Boy scout motto