A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Networking Clubs?

Networking Clubs?

Hello,

I suppose I should first explain the point of this thread. I have a class assignment to physically attend a club meeting or other networking get together dealing with the career field I'm interested in. That would be web, specifically interactive web. However, I don't really know of to many "clubs" that meet for Flash designers/developers, other than on online forums. So I was able to do my assignment based off a forum. That is the point of this post.

So here is a question to try and get the ball rolling. Are there any actual physical clubs that meet for Flash people? I know about "Flash on the beach" I think it's called, and Adobe's seminars/shows. I'm more meaning something like the Boy Scouts, something that's in most, if not every, major city. Where I don't have to drive 19 hours to the West Coast to attend a seminar. If nothing like this does exist, ideas as to why, or why it couldn't?

Thanks,
    Mo

check out meetup.com and search for flash user groups in your area. They're commonly known as FUG's with the cities initials at the beginning.

jAQUAN,

That's a very interesting site! Thanks for the link.

Mo