A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Localconnection & Director

resolved [RESOLVED] Localconnection & Director

Hi, I am trying to make an AIR app that communicates with a Director projector via localconnection. Everything works in the tests and the final published versions except my Director movie isn't firing the callback that it receives a message. This ONLY happens when I have my Flash movie set to Publish as AIR. If I change it to "Flash Player", everything works fine

When set to publish as AIR, it says the sends are successful and it is receiving the messages from the director movie. The director movie just doesn't get the messages. I am using allowDomain('*') and underscores with both the localconnection names. Anyone have a clue what could be wrong?

I have figured out that the difference is that when the the movie is published as flash, the allowedDomain callback (in Director) receives "localhost", but when it's published as AIR, the callback receives "app#myAppID".

According to the Director documentation if my allowedDomain callback returns TRUE (which it does), the incoming message should then automatically be processed. But for some reason this isn't happening when the domain isn't "localhost". Anyone have any suggestions?

FYI: I am using Director MX 2004 and Flash CS4 (AS3)

After having no luck, I found that I can communicate between AIR and an embedded an SWF in my Director movie. So I am just doing that as a go-between to pass commands from my AIR app to my Shockwave Projector. I hope this helps anyone else who comes across this issue.