A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: linkage preloader issue

linkage preloader issue

hi, guys, I recently decided it was time for me to learn how to call sound trough actionscript and controlling the volume paning and all that stuff.
    the issue is that when the preloader starts ("after some time") the preloader appears almost loaded.

I guess you guys have more experience than me on this problem, anyone can tell me the best way to show the preloader without the need of multiple files, in as3.
    Last edited by Never_land:(; 11-20-2009 at 07:50 AM.

This will work for Flash game with multiple frames in main timeline (same way it works for AS1):

Uncheck "export in first frame" in your sound linkage settings. Now you need to have this sound loaded between preloading frame (lets say frame 1) and the game frame (suppose its frame 3). In frame 2 of main timeline place instance of movie clip that has frame 1 empty with stop action. Inside this movie clip assign your sound in frame 2, it wont play as the mc is stopped at empty frame 1 but will be loaded and is available for actionscript in frame 3 of main timeline.

I have no idea how to make it work for AS3 project that has only one frame on main timeline or uses document class.

lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

hey thanks tony your method worked.
    that mc with all the music is incredibly unstable if I move it flash freezes and closes down,
    I guess I'll have to deal with that.

and thanks malee, though I don't use flex.
    Last edited by Never_land:(; 11-21-2009 at 03:26 PM.