A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Full screen video in fact not fullscreen

Question Full screen video in fact not fullscreen

Hi,

I am playing a video and created a button which displays video area in fullscreen but video doesn't cover whole screen area, there are blanks left and right of the video. I searched a bit and every flash player i found with full screen option in fact resizes the video the same way, it just doesn't cover whole area. Why is that? Can video in full screen mode be resized to cover whole screen area without those blanks at sides?

Best regards

If the video has an aspect ratio of 4:3 (commonly called standard res), it will not reach to the far left or right on a wide screen monitor because the video has already reached 100% height. On the other hand, if the video was created in HD, which has an aspect ratio of 16:9 (same as a wide-screen monitor), it will display correctly on a wide screen monitor. But that same HD video would leave black bars on top and bottom on a standard res monitor. That's because it reaches 100% width and stops expanding, leaving space at top and bottom.
    If you don't maintain the original width to height aspect ratio, the video images would be distorted, stretched wider or taller to fill in the black space.
    Best wishes,
    Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com

You have a good eye for video Thanks for such a detailed explanation, it totally makes sense.

Cheers

say out of curiosity are you using windows 7? because i'm have black space problems related to windows 7
    ~calmchess~

Not sure if this is directed to me or not, but I'd be interested in taking a look. Do you have a link to the actual page? I can view on IE7.
    Best wishes,
    EfV

sorry i already corrected the problem by scaling the Video window the code looks like this.............if(stage.stageWidth ==656){vid.scaleX = 1.4}else{vid.scaleX=1 }.....................a link to the fixed page is
    let me know when you want the cam turned on
    Last edited by calmchess; 12-01-2009 at 06:12 AM.
    ~calmchess~

let me know if ie7 works well i've never tried it in it .
    ~calmchess~