dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: go to URL after video plays

Question go to URL after video plays

I have an 18 second flv video. I embed that in an html page in Flash CS3, no player skin or control - and it plays fine - but of course simply stops at the end. I need it to play an then automatically open an html site when the video reaches the end.

It seems like that should be a pretty simple and common thing but I've searched until it is about to drive me batty. Found some tuts but cant get anything to work.

Can anyone here please help me? Please!

I think I have it working now. This is what helped me get it working... although I tried this last night at 3 am and it didn't seem to wwork! Now it does, -

anyway here's the link that helped me
    http://www.kirupa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287486

Have a great day!

I need to take this a step farther now....
    the video needs to be fullscreen.

I purchased a little script package that takes the video full screen. Works well, looks nice and fills the screen according to size of the users browser.

Problem is, I cannot get the gotoURL to work with this thing. I've tried every way I can think of, but I'm not much of a coder, and I must be using an improper reference or something.

Here is the code that was working when the swf was simply inserted in a html page...
    Code:
    import fl.video.VideoEvent;

flvp.addEventListener(VideoEvent.STOPPED_STATE_ENTERED, onVideoStopped);

function onVideoStopped(evt:VideoEvent):void
    {
        var url:URLRequest = new URLRequest("http://mysite.com/home");
        navigateToURL(url, "_self");
    }
    The fullscreen package has an actionscript. It puts the video in the background and runs a playlist. However I only need one video to play, and at the end, do the gotoURL function.

The developer who sold it to me says that this can be done by modifying the actionscript - but refuses to assist me. It seems to me that this would be something they could help me with very easily. I'll not buy anything from them ever again.

If there is anyone who can help me place the code properly in the AS file - wow - would I ever be grateful.

I could make any necessary files available...

Try this Flash Video tool, itenables users to configure the conversion settings freely to get the ideal quality, and can create a Flash video player automatically with customizable playback control skins. See the screenshot below:

then you can enter url target when swf playing at end, if you want a try, following is a step by step guide about how to download and use it:
    http://www.flash-video-soft.com/blog/?p=199
    hope it helps.
    Last edited by baits; 12-21-2009 at 05:47 AM.