A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Controlling embedded video audio

Controlling embedded video audio

Hi guys,

Having a little problem here. I've got an embedded video in a flash presentation I am making and that works fine. I've then duplicated that video, flipped it to create a reflection of the main video. This also works fine.

The problem is the audio plays for both videos and I can't work out how to mute the reflected video. I've tried to apply soundtransform to the reflected video but it doesn't exist in the embedded video. Is there any way to control the audio in the reflected video?

Thanks in advance,

Steven.

uhmmm... VideoPlayer.soundTransform.volume=0 ought to set the volume to 0 on any embedded component VideoPlayer. That doesn't actualy kill the sound track, it just sets the volume dead. Someone else can chime in here, but as far as I know there's no way to actually mute the Video class itself in AS3... just the player. Use a skin for VideoPlayer with no volume controls and you should be golden.

Ah...... I cant use a component in the presentation. I don't think.

I find it strange that its not possible to access something as rudimentary as the volume of an embedded video with AS3. Gah.

If it's on the timeline as a MovieClip or sound, then it has a soundTransform property... If it's streaming, you'd control the volume through the NetStream.soundTransform... I don't know how you'd control the volume of a plain Video if you just loaded it from the library and it wasn't in frames, other than to put it into a VideoPlayer component. The component doesn't have to be skinned, btw.
    J