dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Cannot Import fl. classes in my FlashDevelop

Cannot Import fl. classes in my FlashDevelop

Hi,

i am tryin to impor the following classes in my FlashDevelop project, import fl.transitions.Tween; and fl.transitions.easing.*; however, in my flashdevelop project i can't seem to find this, i can only seem to find the flash.XXX classes. What do i need to do to gain access to the fl.XXX classes? do i need to download a new sdk or change my ide to something else?

Thanks
    Last edited by nvidia123; 12-25-2009 at 02:24 PM.

I don't know how it is w/ FlashDevelop, but in Flex Builder you need to include the fl. classes as a source library. If you have Flash CS4, the files are in
    Adobe_Flash_CS4/Common/Configuration/ActionScript3.0/projects/Flash/src ...include that src directory in your library paths and you should be able to import the fl.* classes properly. You also need to include the playerglobal.swc but I'm guessing FlashDevelop does that automatically...

Quote Originally Posted by joshstrike View Post
    I don't know how it is w/ FlashDevelop, but in Flex Builder you need to include the fl. classes as a source library. If you have Flash CS4, the files are in
    Adobe_Flash_CS4/Common/Configuration/ActionScript3.0/projects/Flash/src ...include that src directory in your library paths and you should be able to import the fl.* classes properly. You also need to include the playerglobal.swc but I'm guessing FlashDevelop does that automatically...

Thanks for the assist, i managed to find the src directory of the fl classes and added it as a source library in my FlashDevelop which was very easy todo, and it worked perfectly.

I don't know if u have to do this for every Flex Builder project since i've never used it, but for me i seem to have to do this for every FlashDevelop project.

Thanks again