A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash player security issue??

Flash player security issue??

I have a flash swf loading data from an xml via jsp from the same domain. The swf is displaying the data perfectly fine from where I am at and for most of my user. However, one of my most important user report to me that the flash isn't displaying the data.

So here lies my question. At first, I thought it was merely an Flash player not up to date problem, but that user said he's using flash player 10 already and he has tested it with all sorts of browser. I have also try connecting to the website from that user's area, and it appears to be fine as well.

Base on the user's feedback, he was able to load the flash, but the xml data just won't appear. Somehow, I believe that it could be an individual computer's problem, but since I am no expert in the networking, and am having some trouble solving this problem, I would appreciate any help.

Many thanks

Umm...
    I remember dealing with something like this. When you test it, do you play it in Adobe Flash CS(234) or do you test it in a browser?

I am using cs4, and have tested it using all sorts of browser. (FF, IE, Chrome)
    All of them are displaying fine for me.

My user have tested it using various browser as well, but none of them work. He didn't even use any firewall, securties or anything that was blocking the connection.

Thanks

Do your users get a message like "Security Sandbox Violation"?

Nothing
    Base on the feedback I received from that user, there's no warning message/error. On top of that, the data was able to load perfectly fine (We tracked it using a 3rd party software). It's just that the data isn't displaying for that user while most people got it to work.

Thanks