A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Where to download or buy game source??

Where to download or buy game source??

Hey All,

I've been tasked with finding some source code for some games for a corporate site which can be reskinned to fit out needs. I'm happy to buy the games but I've run out of places to get them. Can anyone suggest either open source or games that can be bought?

Cheers
    Matt
    Just starting out on the long road that is AS3 - and already want to turn back!!!
    FrApple - get a free iPad

Try
    www.flashgamelicense.com
    Not everyone is selling source code of course but you can usually get author to do changes for you for a fee.

Thanks Tony,
    I'm finding it really hard to get any games that are decent. I'll have a look at the link you sent.

Many thanks.
    Just starting out on the long road that is AS3 - and already want to turn back!!!

We've got a few games available for reskin...

Contact me off list to discuss:

matt@plasticmartians.co.uk

www.plasticmartians.co.uk

I am the webmaster for a flash games website.
    I have sold/sponsored some games already.
    Please click the signature for further details.
    <signature removed by admin>

Thanks for the links wideeye and eager beaver but I'm not sure you have any games that would be suitable.
    The games I need need to be oriented towards young kids and teenagers but also be SUGGESTIVE of growth. That can mean getting bigger, accumulating things, etc etc. The games are for a site which is informational about kids with growth deficiencies and therefore they need to suggest growth in some way.

I've had a look at flashgameslicence but they don't deal with this broad topic too well. I'm tearing my hair out here trying to find something decent. If anyone has any more suggestions please please do let me know.

Cheers,
    Matt

I suppose the only thing you could do if you're having no luck finding any games to fit your brief is to commission one from scratch. Otherwise trying to find a skinnable game with source code that matches your brief may well be a fruitless search!

I think you're right. The thing is, the brief is kind of open. It just needs to be suggestive of growth and that can be interpreted many ways but most games I find are shoot em ups, or puzzles etc. Ideally I'd have the classic game of 'snake' where the snake eats squares and get's bigger but it would look be lovely and isometric 3d etc - rather than the standard looking game.

well, I could always offer our services for a game like that plug plug plug

here's some free game source files from me: http://code.google.com/p/flasharing/
    feel free to modify it and if you ever publish anything with the provided source don't forget to say something nice like: yes, he was a good developer...

Game Player - Developer scheletro's Avatar
    I know one place

To many games, maybe the look is a little bit poor, but you can do marvelous things

http://www.novelgames.com/

Im a game developer, so I havent buyed one, but I thins is a good place

"I love to make them as I love to play them"

Thanks for all the replies everyone. My boos made an executive decision and decided on theoworlds sdk and I now have to reskin the basic games engine.
    Has anyone used this engine before?

Many thanks once again.
    Matt