A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webhost problems...

Webhost problems...

Who are you with, how much do you pay a year, and do you have access problems?

I'm TICKED off at Dreamhost right now. They moved me to a new server, ever since then, problem after problem and now they're saying it's my blog. Without proof, I do not believe them.

So... who are you guys with? I've done the MediaTemple before. And 1&1. Now, Dreamhost.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Media Temple. Barely any issues. When there are, they get resolved. Period.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Naw, MT really didn't do well by me earlier. Maybe now they got their act together now, but a few years ago, they didn't. We - another member here... VisionRay I think - got hit and things weren't "ideal".

Hmmm, the Kontera ads are thinking web.com, comparedby.us, and the Blackberry Storm 2.

That sounds about right.

Friend of mine is trying rackspace. I'll bug him to see how he likes it so far.

http://www.hostingzoom.com/
    http://www.futurehosting.com/

I use both, and while not perfect, they've been good.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    We've grown to having reseller accounts on 4 servers with Dathorn.com over the last 7 years after doing exhaustive research at WHT first.
    Never had a problem with them and they usually answer support tickets in about 10 minutes.
    Definitely not the cheapest host, but the support and reliability is worth more than money.

Just recently we've had to find another host for a client that needs to do large mailings (which aren't allowed at Dathorn) and after looking around we've opened a VPS and a reseller account over at HostGator.
    So far so good, and their boxes are kept at The Planet datacenter in TX same as Dathorn's.
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

I have hostgator.com now, and it works ok. No downtime, really helpfull, cheap and many options. It's kinda slow, and it doesn't seem to cache anything (I'm looking into this right now, so maybe I'll find a solution). You also get unlimited everything (at least they claim it is unlimited. I've only had a problem once when the site used too much CPU (which isn't unlimited), and optimizing the MySQL database fixed that problem), which is great! That is for mariusgundersen.net BTW

No such thing as a swiss army host LR. Check out mobilestorm.com for any kind of mass mailing, texts, faxes etc.

Cant help you Gerbs. I'm with MT as well and its been great for me sorry to read it didn't work out for you.

I just talked to hostgator and they can't turn on caching headers in apache, which kinda sucks.

Godaddy. Got 25% off the hosting plan and many things are so much you don't use it. I am very satisfied.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

I've been using 3essentials
    http://www.3essentials.com/
    Prices seem pretty cheap, support has been great.

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

I think I got the cheapest, pun intended, deal of the lot, with 3ix.org. Reseller hosting, dirt cheap, but too frequent downtimes hamper the experience. Fortunately it's all low traffic webs.

In looking around frequently for better (note, not cheaper) options, HostGator and Justhost screams for attention.

*bump* okay, okay, not actually bumping for the sake of bumping, but since this thread is around, might as well pose my inquiry here.

I got to find out about AnHosting and Blurstorm, and have you personally used their services?

Blurstorm seems to be a superstar of some sort for a good number of years, of which I've not heard, not untill last week. And looking at their website, they don't really scream for your money, but their reviews says otherwise.

Anyone experienced to enlighten?

Soft bump on this please. Is there some type of work around for this kind of issue?

Since the threads that you have replied to are dead and it's highly unlikely you will recieve a response....

Why not state the issue you personally are currently experiencing. Who is your host?
    is a good place to start.

What are you experiencing? Is it specifically flash related where as the flash files aren't loading? Is it a middleware (php/asp/perl et all) issue?

Is it an update issue?
    In times gone by cheap hosts would resort to caching older content and not refreshing newer content to save on bandwidth and processing power. If you are experiencing slow load due to one of these issues and not cookies consider putting a string in the url path.

Why are you guys bumping a 5+ year old thread?