A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frame buttons

Will moderate for beer
    Are you using unique buttons on each frame, or a single pair of prev/next buttons for the whole movie? If it's a single pair, then what may have happened is that all the listeners triggered when you clicked, and it simply ended up at the frame the last one told it to go to.

Are the layers causing the movie not to stop in the way I had?

Quote Originally Posted by 5TonsOfFlax View Post
    Are you using unique buttons on each frame, or a single pair of prev/next buttons for the whole movie? If it's a single pair, then what may have happened is that all the listeners triggered when you clicked, and it simply ended up at the frame the last one told it to go to.
    Well... I do have one button on the image layers on every frame.

Will moderate for beer
    I have no idea whether the layers are a problem. I don't deal with frames or layers or anything other than code in my own projects. I don't think the layers are the problem. I think that there's some error going on which you are not seeing. Put a (different) trace in each click function, so you can tell which are being triggered when you click your buttons.

Publish for debug, and use the debug player so you'll see any error messages.

I have no idea whether the layers are a problem. I don't deal with frames or layers or anything other than code in my own projects. I don't think the layers are the problem. I think that there's some error going on which you are not seeing. Put a (different) trace in each click function, so you can tell which are being triggered when you click your buttons.

OK. BTW, I haven't been in school for a week because of the weather.

Doesn't work. I tried to play the movie in debug mode, but I get a message saying something about not having actionscript or something.