A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: have carousel...need rotation

have carousel...need rotation

I followed the 3D Carousel tutorial from gotoandLearn

http://theflashblog.com/?p=473#comments

and after weeks of messing with it, I was able to put in my images and change the features to how I want, but for the life of me can't figure out how to make the thing auto rotate. I read the comments in the someone posted that this would work:

var tw:GTween = new GTween(container, 0.8, {rotationY:targetRotation}, ease:Exponential.easeOut});

tw.autoRotation = true;

But when I added it it just gave me errors and the carousel would not load. Can someone please help me. I am pulling my hair out here.

Thanks!

Can someone please help with this. I am new to actionscript and was so proud when I got the other stuff to work, but now am really getting frustrated again, because I can't seem to get auto rotation to work. There are source files are available from the tutorial.

Thanks

I don't know about gotoandlearn tutorials but here are two different caroussel scripts, which work:
    http://flashscript.biz/flashas3/biz/FS_biz_classes.html
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Thanks Cancerinform, but I would love to change what I have verses starting all over. I am very new to actionscript, as well as Flash and keep starting over and running into this problem or that. I want to just keep what I have and try to make everything work. I have switched files a couple of times that would fix problem A, but now part B would no longer work. Hope this makes sense...