A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Conversion of .swf to .sis

Conversion of .swf to .sis

hi

Can anyone let me know how to convert .swf file in to .sis file to make the .sis file installed in the mobile.

Thanks in advance.....

There was one packager at this link but in the recent past Nokia has suspended this project for some unknown reasons.... that was the only way to create sis package. You may get more info about this from teh link below:

http://www.forum.nokia.com/Technolog...oduction.xhtml

In between, can I please ask you what's so specific in your application that u wana have a sis package created of it....you can even distribute the standalone SWF to user ?
    As ever,
    Vinayak Kadam

You should read this article

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/devices/...sis_files.html

marlopax

....there are quite a few .sis packagers out there - I think Carbide++ is one, Kunerilite is another, Janus Flash is another, W'd get it is (maybe) another (can't quite remember....)....

conversion of swf to sis file

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    ....there are quite a few .sis packagers out there - I think Carbide++ is one, Kunerilite is another, Janus Flash is another, W'd get it is (maybe) another (can't quite remember....)....
    hi

I tried to make swf to sis using carbide++.I have installed carbide.c++v2.3 along with S60-SDK-0548-3.0-f.3.215f ,ActivePerl-5.10.1.1006-MSWin32-x86-291086 and j2re-1_4_1_01-windows-i586-i.

I followed the procedure ,but got errors after building the project like:

1.bldmake returned with exit value = 1
    2.BLDMAKE ERROR: Directory "\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\" does not exist

These are the errors i get when i build the project.Please help me regarding this issue...

Thanks in advance......

....not that I've used Carbide++ myself, but you need to ensure the following:

a) That you have installed Perl, SYmbian SDK, Carbide++ and whatever else you need on the C:\.

b) That your environment path is set correctly (Vista has some niggly issues with the CSL Arm Toolchain)

c) That you are building your project from the same drive (ie, C:\) as everything else!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    ....not that I've used Carbide++ myself, but you need to ensure the following:

a) That you have installed Perl, SYmbian SDK, Carbide++ and whatever else you need on the C:\.

b) That your environment path is set correctly (Vista has some niggly issues with the CSL Arm Toolchain)

c) That you are building your project from the same drive (ie, C:\) as everything else!

I have installed perl,SYmbian SDK, Carbide++ in the same drive C:\ and i have build my project from the same drive but still i am getting errors....

Can u help it.........

...you're actually best posting on Forum Nokia if you want more help with this. Alternatively, go and download Kunerilite. It's free for packaging in sis files (so long as you dont use their components) and it's as easy as ABC to use....

install everything to same drive in the order.

1. active perl from activestate web site

2. symbian sdks 3rd and 5th

3. carbide c++

4. flash stub plugin for eclipse into carbide plugins directory