dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Not all videos play on website

Not all videos play on website

Hello everyone, first off i should start by pointing out that im a complete beginner to the wonderful yet rather frightening world of flash, website design, online video etc etc. For this reason i decided to work with a flash template that i downloaded from metamorphizes.com. I uploaded my site with a few minor text changes etc and couple of my own videos which i converted to .flv, to see what it looked like online. My first video plays fine about three quarters of the way, then stalls, my next video does not play at all. The preset example videos that came with the template play fine. All of the videos play fine when i preview them in Dreamweaver, so i have no idea what im doing wrong. I assume the hosts MIME settings (ive been reading up on this!) allow flash as some of the videos play, and the paths SEEM fine to me, i dropped my videos into the same folder that the template example videos (which play fine) are in. heres the link to my site: http://www.beyondtheveil.site11.com/ , the videos are under 'sample videos'. the host is the free service at **********.com, so the customer service is understandably limited. I cant stress enough how new and inexperienced at all this i am, so if what i said doesnt make sense, or you need more information, please let me know! thanks very much for your time, any replies at all would be greatly appreciated
    cheers
    graham

OK ive made a little bit of progress here, i took out the spaces from my file names and encoded at a lower quality (bringing the files to under 5mgbts each) but now while they play fine on my own computer, they both stop at about the minute mark on any other computer, strange but true...any thoughts?