dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Image with working transparency

Image with working transparency

I loaded several transparent configurations into KM only to find that each image seems to tile. When an image is loaded it is transparent. However when I move over Select/move points and then move a point the image begins to appear again as though it were a copy and it was duplicating itself.
    When I use an effect like rotate the image will rotate and in so doing adddional parts of the image begin to appear as well. It is as though you stamped an image and put a box around it and as you begin to increase the size of the box duplicate images begin to appear. Does any of this make sence to anyone?

I use Photoshop and have tried every configuration I know. The directions state:For transparent images exported from PhotoShop, use 255 color PNG or GIF (with transparent color, NOT transparent layer!). Not sure what that means frankly.

Help

Ron

Can't you just leave the shape of the transparent PNG as whatever it is when you import it into KoolMoves? What are you trying to accomplish by clicking Select/move points and then moving a point?

Working transparentcy

Yes you can leave it as a png and it does function as such. But as I indicated when you build a movie using the image and apply an effect such as rotate or spin the image is not shown correctly. Example: Import an image file. Place image in starting position. Copy image to end. Apply a rotate effect to the end image. The animation shows the images rotating but parts of the image disapear during rotation. Also when importing an image if you use points and expand the image the image itself does not expand. Copies of the image come into view as though the image was stamped multiple times surrounding the original image selection box. When you import clip art the annimation works correctly.

Ron

My advice is to never move points on an imported PNG. If you already have then throw it out and start again fresh.
    After you import your PNG, convert it into a movie clip. Then you might want to create some new frames that are copies.
    If you apply a rotation rotation effect it should work fine.
    But a spinning effect will look 2D, like a paper thin cut-out image.

If you do the rotation yourself rather than use an effect, you will sometimes see the image tiling in KoolMoves, but not in the finished movie. Also, rotating this way you can see the image shrink sometimes. To avoid that you need Non-linear morphing.
    As the Help says:
    Standard morphing entails linear interpolation between two adjacent key frames. This is sufficient for most situations but fails to produce good results when there is rotational motion. Non-linear morphing which involves a cubic fit between 4 key frames products superior movement but does result in a larger swf file size. If the non-linear option is selected and there are less than 4 key frames of motion, standard morphing will automatically occur. Non-linear morphing is only available in the Cartooning interface style.