A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: button plays one of the mediaplayers flvs?

button plays one of the mediaplayers flvs?

very simple question

how can I have a button play one of the mediaplayers playlist flvs?

I mean a button that is not already on the media player, but one I create in koolmoves. then I can have an array of buttons that play different flvs in the one media player. what is the actionscript for this?

excuse my ignoramousness

cheers

B

Which ActionScript are you using AS1 or AS3? At what version level are you exporting your movie? Check at:
    1.) File > Export Settings > Export SWF as Version.

As1...

I realised I put the wrong prefix in the post ..AS3...

oops sorry...I mean AS1

I thought if I get it done in AS1, even if I am working on a AS3 project, I can use an AS1 swf with media player and buttons in the content pane, so then really it compatible for both AS1 and AS3 projects...

If you set the playlist using actionscript, there's an additional parameter to specify where it should start playing. You could just reset the same playlist when a button is pressed and let it start at a different song.

If you wouldn't need AS1 compatibility, it would be best to use the AS3 media player component since it is easier to do what you want using the AS3 player, the AS3 player is better documented and it has more skins.

thanks for the tip. Now to find the right documentation explaining the actionscript for the mediplayer.

The help files and tutorials are not organised in a a very clear way, I cannot seem to find the info. The user manual does not have anything about mediaplayer actionscript, neither does the help file. Most the the tutorials are out of date.

Why is the help so badly listed? where can I find concisive actionscript information pertaining to the mediaplayer?

There's some information in the following folder
    C:\Program Files\KoolMoves\Examples\Components\Flash 8\API

For the AS3 version there's a button in the ActionScript editor window that bring up the documentation of the AS3 components.