PHP User Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: bbcode_highlight in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4197
IE Cache Issue
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: IE Cache Issue

New

Question IE Cache Issue

I have a swf on my site(actually, the site is the swf) that loads perfectly, but when i go back to the site, after its in my cache, the swf will not display. If i clear my cache and reload the page, the swf shows up again. I fixed the problem in firefox by changing some of the embed tag properties(i added additional height and width parameters), but it persists on Internet Explorer 8. What do I need to do? The site has a preloader, does this have anything to do with it?
    the site url is http://www.premakarini.com

I don't think it has as much to do with the embedding code as it has to do with the .swf. For example, when the file is direct downloaded here:
    http://www.premakarini.com/Premakarini%20Phase%203.swf
    and then the file is refreshed, it doesn't reload (entirely) either. But if you run your cursor over the buttons, you'll see that the cursor recognizes that they are still there.
    To test if it's preloader problems, just create a version with the preloaded and test. You might also want to replace the spaces (%20) in the file name with underscore _ .
    Also during testing, give the background of the <div> holding the Flash a different color so you can see if the Flash is in the <div> or if the <div> is empty.
    Best wishes,
    Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com

New
    It seems to be an issue with the preloader. So if the file is cached, the preloader doesnt know how to deal with this because the preloader is made to load the swf and if it doesnt have to load it, does not know what to do.
    Here's the code for the preloader (AS3)
    Actionscript Code:
    import flash.events.ProgressEvent;

function update(e:ProgressEvent):void
    {
    var percent:Number = Math.floor( (e.bytesLoaded*100)/e.bytesTotal );
    if(Preloader_mc is MovieClip)
    {
    Preloader_mc.gotoAndStop(percent);
    }
    if(percent == 100)
    {
    play();
    }
    }
    loaderInfo.addEventListener(ProgressEvent.PROGRESS, update);
    // Extra test for IE
    var percent:Number = Math.floor( (this.loaderInfo.bytesLoaded*100)/this.loaderInfo.bytesTotal );
    if(percent == 100)
    {
    nextFrame();
    }
    stop();

i know that i have to put a function to check if its already loaded, but am not sure how to go about this.

I don't understand why you are doing the extra test for IE. I've never seen that before and can't see any resaon for it. Just reading thru the AS, it looks like the top part plays when the file is 100% loaded but in that IE test when the %==100, it goes to next frame and stops. What's up with that?
    Since IE is the only problem browser, have you test with that section commented out.
    EfV

New
    Thank you, you were completely right. Now I can finally finish this site. Thanks a million Eye for Video! you rock.