A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how to: part of image in flash to change pic on every load

how to: part of image in flash to change pic on every load

I'm using Flash CS4, and a template that I got from a friend to create a website.

The template I have uses this "man figure" on the right side of the file. I want to make it so that this pictures loads a different picture each time the page refreshes. The picture can be randomly rotated to a different picture.

I'm wondering if there is a possibility to do this, and if so, how should I go about it.

My knowledge of Flash is very poor...

Here is the template and swf file of the original file I have uploaded to a downlaodable website. The link is only available for 7 days from today.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/TH...YSsyWGZIRGc9PQ

ello there. i fixed this little problem of yours for ya i saved it as a flash 8 document.
    download it and open up your "man" movieclip. everytime you load the swf youl get a random pic. youl notice i pasted the frames to make 4 different pictures with a different number on them. the code will pick a random number and then associate a number with the framelabel, picture + random number = picture. just replace the numbered pics with your own photos and you'll be away if you run into anymore probs il try and help. good luck with your project.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4S62JESR

flashkits file management thing has just let me down for the FIRST time. wont let me attach it so here it is by megaupload.
    Last edited by stevehungry; 03-13-2010 at 08:25 PM.

PROCEED WITH CAUTION !!!
    In following the link show above my machine was infected with the "2010 Vista Internet Security" spyware/malware.
    This is a malicious and fake antivirus program and very hard to remove!
    BE AWARE!
    Eye for Video

thats a real kick in the teeth..but its got nothing to do with me. just trying to do some good by helping this guy.

thanks for that help!!! totally cool!

sorry I didn't get to reply early. I posted from my work, bookmarked the link, and forgot to save my bookmark to my usb to take it home. haha.

Thanks again!

Hey,
    Looks like you've been putting in your time here trying to do the right thing... so no hard feelings.
    I'd just like to remind Forum members to be very careful about out-sourcing file uploading. If you have a Web site, then you have access to a server. So just upload your oversized or odd file type file and provide a direct download link to that file.. easy as pie!
    Best wishes,
    EfV

one more thing...

just for future reference, would you mind telling me how I could make these images in non-random way, such that the "next" image will show in every load, and repeating from the beginning image again?

oh hi again, if this was for that thing with the businessman loading on the site then i think i remember it. instead of using the random code you would just use
    Actionscript Code:
    buttonname.onPress = function () {
    nextFrame();
    }
    that will play the next image each time that particular button is clicked.
    might be addicted to flash...

that's the guy haha.

sweeeeet, thanks! works great!