dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Movie Not Working IN IE

Flash Movie Not Working IN IE

I have created a smiple flash movie in Flash CS4. It can be seen here
    http://cmsgn.com/
    When the site initially loads, the movie keeps playing continuously. If another link is clicked on the site and then Home is clicked again the movie freezes on the first frame. This is happening only in IE. In other browsers such as FF, Google Chrome and Safari the movie works fine whenever the visitor clicks the home page. Please help

15 people have viewed the thread. However, I haven't received any reply. Is more info needed. Should I put the action script here. I am not able to upload the .fla file as it's size is bigger than permitted.

My guess is that the method you are using to place your Flash on the page is causing the problems.
    There is conditional code for Flash 2, 3, and 4.... do you realize how far out of date that is?
    Go a Google search for the latest "swfobject" or just use this in place of ALL that long drawn out code used to place the Flash on the page (get rid of it all):
    Code:
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="home.swf" width="670" height="445">
    <param name="movie" value="home.swf">
    </object>
    Test your page using just this code, if that works, then you can always add in more params if it seems necessary.
    Best wishes,
    Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com