A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Aceroids [Beta]

Aceroids [Beta]

I've been working on a SuperVillainy version of Asteroids lately, called Aceroids.

http://bluecloak.net/ace/flash/aceroids.html

The NG preloader isn't working for some reason. Since testing it involves uploading to the internet every time, I'm being a bit slow about it.

Press Shift to start the game (also once you get Game Over). Space Bar to shoot. For now, press 1, 2 or 3 to change your ship. There is no difference except visually.

Most of the asteroids are standard, but there are also 4 kinds of exotic asteroids that will give you trouble. The first type is pretty obvious, but the other 3 are surprising.

I'm thinking the game is about halfway done at this point. I'd like to add some machine enemies, and some sort of gold or ore that you collect from the Asteroids. I'll also need to experiment with some sort of online high-score this time.

(Oh and watch out, as the music might clean your ears out a bit)
    Last edited by AceSuperVillain; 03-18-2010 at 03:54 AM. Reason: music

Actually, does anyone here know why the NewGrounds Preloader isn't working? I copied it from their .fla into my .fla as per the instructions, but it doesn't actually preload the movie...

hey. very cool work. i like the reclaimer effect with the orbs.
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Thanks. As you've probably noticed, I've added a bunch of new stuff since first posting, including the gold. I decided to skip machine enemies (for now) so I'll have a "finished version" up on the portals hopefully within the next 24 hours.

I fixed the preloader. Next I'm trying my had at High Scores.
    Last edited by AceSuperVillain; 03-19-2010 at 09:00 PM.