A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: INSTA-TUTE! - Popping a New Window in a Single Step

working with pop up from exe

Originally posted by Janex
    Sorry everyone, I made a mistake with the replies... I was just trying to find out if the script GGW and Ilya posted concerning the open new window worked for standalone .exe file on a cdrom.

It works fine for an movie inside an html page but not for a projector because it opens another browser window with the word [object].

Tanxs again
    Janex

JANEX... ANYONE...!!! have you found an answer to your question? I'm dealing with this now and can't FOR THE LIFE OF ME.. find the answer.. do we have to run our initial movie through an html format instead of exe... cuz I have mine on a cd too that starts up automatically...

Help!! Thanks!! me

Re: working with pop up from exe

Originally posted by Snowboard Grrl
    Sorry everyone, I made a mistake with the replies... I was just trying to find out if the script GGW and Ilya posted concerning the open new window worked for standalone .exe file on a cdrom.

It works fine for an movie inside an html page but not for a projector because it opens another browser window with the word [object].

Tanxs again
    Janex

JANEX... ANYONE...!!! have you found an answer to your question? I'm dealing with this now and can't FOR THE LIFE OF ME.. find the answer.. do we have to run our initial movie through an html format instead of exe... cuz I have mine on a cd too that starts up automatically...

Help!! Thanks!! me

I've also been waiting for an answer on this topic for some time now, but no one seems to be responding one way or another. One person emailed me saying it could be done, but then did not respond as to HOW.

Re: Re: working with pop up from exe

Originally posted by Fatdoggy

Tanxs again
    Janex

Help!! Thanks!! me

I've also been waiting for an answer on this topic for some time now, but no one seems to be responding one way or another. One person emailed me saying it could be done, but then did not respond as to HOW.
    Hi everyone! Same problem here!! I have an .exe or .swf that needs to link a local html file inside the CD ROM...
    How can this be fixed since it doesn't work as the normal
    online javascript code?

Thx

Greets!

Mcmanus

Re: Re: working with pop up from exe

Tanxs again
    Janex

Help!! Thanks!! me

Hi everyone! Same problem here!! I have an .exe or .swf that needs to link a local 800x434 html file inside the CD ROM...How can this be fixed since it doesn't work like normal online opening sized window javascript code?

Thx

Greets!

Mcmanus

No easy way.
    You need to find a Java programmer, and have them make a little app that launches the browser with fullscreen on, toolbars and all that stuff turned off.

RB

centering

Originally posted by DJ_empty
    OK cool. It works, except my pop-up window opens at the top-left of my screen. How do I get it to open in the center of the screen?
    did you ever figure this out? HOw do you center the popup window in the flash movie (not the browser window)?

Originally posted by GreatGooglyWoogly
    Here it is - the code to pop a new window in a single step:

For Flash 5 - put this in your button:

on (release) {

getURL ("javascript:window.open('http://www.flashkit.com','NameofWindow','width=800,height =600,top=0,left=0'); void(0);");

}

Change the URL, window size, position, etc. to your specs...

For Flash 4 - put this in your button:

On (Release)
    Get URL ("javascript:window.open('http://www.flashkit.com','NameofWindow','width=800,height =600,top=0,left=0'); void(0);")
    End On

Again, change the URL, window size, position, etc. to your specs...

Thanks for this script goes to Polar Lights Studios (www.polar-lights.com) who gave me the initial code to modify!

[Edited by GreatGooglyWoogly on 02-18-2001 at 09:52 PM]
    Thanks for the help, since I'm new at this I should have been more specific. I have a DreamWeaver file(simple page two buttons-one for html site one for Flash site)that lauches the flash site, how do I get the flash site to load in a new window with no browser(IE5/NetScape)
    Thanks again

This may be kind of a unique issue.. but I tried out the script and it works awsome offline, but when I upload it, not only does the popup no come up, but my mainpage disappears... Has this happened to anyone else?

thanks

Re: Re: Re: working with pop up from exe

hi all!!!

i've the same prob!!!
    anyone has figured this out?? help!!!

Originally posted by mcmanus

Tanxs again
    Janex

Help!! Thanks!! me

Hi everyone! Same problem here!! I have an .exe or .swf that needs to link a local 800x434 html file inside the CD ROM...How can this be fixed since it doesn't work like normal online opening sized window javascript code?

Thx

Greets!

Mcmanus