A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Health care victory

Health care victory

Welcome in the Club USA.
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    ...good news for about 32 million people who will be covered now, when they weren't before.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wor...-1225843896004

The bill would ban insurance company practices like denying coverage for preexisting illnesses, dropping people from coverage when they get sick, or capping lifetime coverage, and restrict new plans' use of annual limits.
    For the first time in US history, most Americans would be required to buy insurance or face fines, and larger firms could face penalties for not offering coverage.
    The Public option was knocked on the head in the compromise.

dp
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

It is not the solution I would have preferred but it is a start in the right direction.

And the riots will start shortly...

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    And the riots will start shortly...
    Won't they wait for a while until they find out if they have cover under this new system for teargas, baton and water cannon injuries?

david

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

Quote Originally Posted by david petley View Post
    Won't they wait for a while until they find out if they have cover under this new system for teargas, baton and water cannon injuries?
    Like I said... let the riots commence...

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Like I said... let the riots commence...
    If Bush passed a similar law, the Republicans would now celebrate. This is not about Healthcare, this is about an African American as a President.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Despite the very worst of Bush's foul-ups and treason, nothing this despicable came out of even the most rabid democrat. Republicans have never appeared to be more extremist than right now.

A tweet is not the end of the world. Conservatives have been fueling hatred since Obama was nominated.

I wonder if Rush has started packing.

i'm less scared about the health bill as i am more afraid of the Conservative Right's reaction to this and what they're going to do to further divide the country.

I work with many conservative christians and the thoughts they spew about our current government and the lies they believe are very very scary to me. Glen Beck will be the next Jesus Christ Superstar and i'm deathly afraid.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    from out here, it looks like the civil war never really finished.

david

At least the sides taken in the Civil War were clearly defined. I doubt most republicans even know what they're mad about. I saw a bumper sticker the other day (on my way to work) that read, "Republicans: We work hard, so you don't have to." Infuriating.

I just can't get past the irony that the fear mongering is headed by the richest and most educated bankers/insurance giants yet enlists the dumbest most close minded lemmings as their base.

I'm often surprised by the lack of biblical knowlege "Christain Conservatives" have

One thing I would express to the religious right.
    Christ healed the sick. To be a Christain is to follow the path of Christ. If Christains want a more Christian nation then an exellent place to start would be the healk care reform act which is the means in which we as a nation can heal the sick. Tolerance and non - violense are also attributed to Christ.

The bible also speaks of being good citizens in both 1 Peter and Romans

So, all 'victory' rhetoric aside...I've stayed out of this discussion until now. I don't consider myself rich by any means, but I have a comfortable life and have worked hard to get there. That being said, I really don't like to have to pay into a system that, while I agree needs change, is going to cause me any financial hardship. I have a tremendous medical plan through my employer and never take advantage of it in any way. We see doctors, we get prescriptions, we pay co-pays/out of pockets, etc. We follow the rules. According to the 'plan' the following two bullet points really stand out.
      -- Requires employers to report the value of health care benefits on employees' W-2 tax statements.
      -- Imposes a tax on employer-sponsored health insurance worth more than $10,200 for individual coverage, $27,500 for a family plan. The tax is 40 percent of the value of the plan above the thresholds, indexed for inflation.

So, in 2011, I will have more taxable income without any additional take home pay. I now owe more in taxes because I work for a company that is doing the right thing. Odd, to say the least.

Then, in 2018, another tax on the fact that I have a good health plan. If I pay it, I take it in the can. If my employer does, there is less incentive for them to offer such a good plan. Either way, I take it prison style again.

So, to all you fans of change...I am all for people getting medical coverage, but this one smells like a lose/lose for me. To all of those who'd like to throw me into the far right hate mongering category, I will state right here that I am a registered republican, but I'd probably call myself about as socially conservative as Bill Clinton would've been called a far left liberal. I believe in Capitalism as it creates opportunities for those willing to work for them, but, according to this, I see nothing but a tariff on my hard work and effort.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...JKCG.DTL&tsp=1
    Last edited by hanratty21; 03-23-2010 at 11:11 AM.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Not to detrail your points HR or to put you in that crowd....

Gerbick you were right I was wrong

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20...latchy/3457015
    WASHINGTON — Demonstrators outside the U.S. Capitol , angry over the proposed health care bill, shouted "******" Saturday at U.S. Rep. John Lewis , a Georgia congressman and civil rights icon who was nearly beaten to death during an Alabama march in the 1960s.

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    I partially agree with HR on not liking this bill but for different reasons.

Everything that was real and meaningful reform was stripped out of the bill.
    Over 160 Republican amendments were included in the effort to get bipartisan support and still none of them voted for it.
    I would love to see them rip every one of those amendments back out of the bill during reconciliation, but that's not going to happen.

No public option plus mandatory purchase of private insurance or get hit with a fine?
    Sorry, there is no way I can support that.
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

Quote Originally Posted by cancerinform View Post
    If Bush passed a similar law, the Republicans would now celebrate. This is not about Healthcare, this is about an African American as a President.
    Exactly. When Clinton tried to run the health care reform when he was the president, he got shut down right away. It wasn't about the healthcare reform it was a white man as a president.

Quote Originally Posted by david petley View Post
    ...good news for about 32 million people who will be covered now, when they weren't before.
    How do you cover 32 million uninsured citizen? Easy take rich people's income and redistribute to all the people.

This is going to be a big dent to my paycheck.

Income = $$$$
    - subtract Social Security = $$$
    - subtract Medicare = $$$
    - subtract My IRA = $$$
    and now
    - subtract Obamacare = $$$

Wait... Obama's next agenda is Housing Reform where everyone is required to have a house to live.
    "Long live fk'ers, keep fk'ing."

So wait, the goal was universal health care and the solution is a mandate for everyone to buy it? I haven't followed the proposed bill closely at all since I never thought it would pass but now I'm really lost.

If the idea was to provide free health care for those who can't afford, then how else was that going to work aside from taxes? Increasing the cost of a happy meal?

Honestly that was the goal of republicans all along.

Nancy Pelosi could have just just taken the senate bill as is and it would have still gotten exactly the same amount of votes. The differences between the senate version and the final version are vast. She still has learned nothing about republicans. She allowed the minority to set the agenda.

77% of Americans supported the senate version. But the speaker didn't like it because her name wasn't written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Damaso View Post
    Exactly. When Clinton tried to run the health care reform when he was the president, he got shut down right away. It wasn't about the healthcare reform it was a white man as a president.

How do you cover 32 million uninsured citizen? Easy take rich people's income and redistribute to all the people.

This is going to be a big dent to my paycheck.

Income = $$$$
    - subtract Social Security = $$$
    - subtract Medicare = $$$
    - subtract My IRA = $$$
    and now
    - subtract Obamacare = $$$

Wait... Obama's next agenda is Housing Reform where everyone is required to have a house to live.
    Seriously you jest.
    IRA is your retirement fund that money is for you ergo if you want to spend it now stop contributing the only one stopping you is you.

As for social security the more you pay in the more you get back at retirement.

What does this mean to you?
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/...92790#35992790

Are you making $250,000 a year if so it will cost 2.8 percent. Roughly $7000 a year.
    Those making up to 100,000 anually will not see a tax increase.