A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: default fps in cs4

default fps in cs4

In Flash 8 / cs3 the dimensions, background color and fpt always remained the same upon opening a new flash document.
    In cs4 too, except for the framerate. When I open a new flash document that always becomes the fps used in the latest used flash document. So when I start a document and change the default 24 to 30 fps, close the document and start a new one, the fps is still 30? Why doesn't it stay the default 24?

Illustration | Animation | Web Banners | Graphic Design
    Ducklord Studio

It actually depends where you change it. If you change it in the Timeline (new capability), then the FPS will be remembered across documents (new thing). If you change it in the PI, then it should behave like earlier versions.

Jen
    Flash team tween blog: http://www.flashthusiast.com

No it doesn't. I've started Flash and opened a new default document. I entered 30 in the FPS section of the Property Inspector. Closed the document and started a new one. In the Property Inspecter it still displayed '30' as the FPS. I thought it might be my Mac version of cs4, but at home on a pc it did the same thing.

With me it's just the other way around. When I change it in the timeline and start a fresh document the default fps is back again. When I change it in the PI, it becomes the new default fps. Which seems a bit odd to me. It would be more logical the other way around.

Illustration | Animation | Web Banners | Graphic Design
    Ducklord Studio