dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: QUICK PAID JOB - Load Video

QUICK PAID JOB - Load Video

I'm looking for someone to incorporate the video load feature onto my website in which the background goes dark and the video loads overtop the screen. I had this done on my other website, which you can see an example here if you click on one of the video links: http://healthcarestudios.com/index-3.html

I only need one link provided from a graphic and it to load the video the same way in which it loads on the link provided above. I will send you the details.

My budget is $30. Email me if you're interested - jeremy(AT)thecreativelaboratory.com

Thanks,

Jeremy

$30?

Is that Thirty Real American dollars? You fascist pricks must be in more trouble than Glenn Beck is letting on.

From your largest client, Congressman Paul Broun, on the website you designed for him:

"ATHENS, GA—Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC) is pleased to offer our endorsement to Congressman Paul Broun of Georgia for his outstanding support for border security and immigration enforcement accompanied by his opposition to Amnesty for illegal aliens in any form. "

Maybe Representative Broun doesn't pay very well, but at $30 for an overhaul of your website's video player, you'd better hire some illegal immigrants. If they'll work for you. lol.

You know why Obama won the election? He paid his web designers well.

I agree on $30 being too little for what this job would require. Not only are you dealing with someone else's code (especially it being a template), you also have to provide a video player. And to top it off you want it be animate on just like the example site. If it were $60 I would have at least thought about inquiring more about it.

$30 is a bit of an insult really...

In our work for political operatives and candidates we normally bill $100 to $150 per hour.

Generally, budget on a rebuild of a video player for something relatively simple would be in the $1-2k range.

Since the site in question is devoted to "designing" multimedia content for major players in the healthcare industry, you'd think they'd know how much designers charge for work.

$30 is insulting. $60 would be insulting. Really, anything under $500-$1k is insulting, because the bill for similar work to a healthcare provider would be at bare minimum $3k no matter what, and that's about the price of a single plate at a single fund-raising dinner for this guy's big client. The whole thing is incredibly, doubly insulting because this guy owns a website called "thecreativelaboratory.com" which bills itself as a new media agency. Imagine being one of this guy's junior artists or something.

This kind of thing just makes me madder than hell. What a joke.

Whatever. I had someone else do it for $30. Thank you for all your suggestions, josh. LOL. Now, please tell me why I want to pay you in Vietnam $150 per hour when I have people in my own country that can do it cheaper? For someone who can do this in 30 mins, it equates to $1 per min. Not bad. Just because I have big clients does not mean they pay big bucks. You are very mistaken!!! No one is trying to force you to take the work, so let's not get all worked up. Just relax, my friend. You're trying to make money, I'm trying to save money. It's called business. If I can't pay you enough, then go elsewhere. Easy.

I think we can all agree that low prices 'are' insulting... and as a community we can stand together, educate and motivate for change....

but the reality of it is...this IS/WAS (seemed) to be a a legit job posting,.. and as stated.. noone forces you or anyone to post or even hit the reply button. (if time is so precious, you just wasted some by posting non-sense)

everyone has their own idea of what a project should cost..everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses they bring tot he table..and what projects are easier/faster for them..or whatever reason they may throw a low 'bid' out there.

leave the subjectivity out of here...

@ joshstrike-

dont go around name calling please.

thread closed.