A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Weekly Challenge :: Part II :: Candy

Weekly Challenge :: Part II :: Candy

What to post
    Post an image of at least 750px wide for landscape or 450px for portrait. Please include at least the files EXIF data. Also a before photo would be awesome to see for the processing you did. If you really want brownie points a shot of your setup would be great especially for lighting shots.

Week 2
    CANDY

This is pretty open ended. I guess get as creative as possible as long as candy is involved. You can even turn it into some sort of ad campaign if you want and add logos and such- that could be fun.

Figured I would keep it different. Enjoy!

Note: All images and/or photographs posted in this thread are the private property of the individual posting. No rights are given to anyone viewing this post. Use of any image posted in this thread is illegal and punishable by law, unless express permission is given by the photographer.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Nice - so, stupid question, candy is the US name for any kind of sweets right? In the UK candy is just one of many types of sweet - we have bon bons, mint cake, pips, sherbert and 'half a pound of rhubarb & custards please Mrs Miggins' and all the kids run around in half length shorts and flat caps.

Anyway - as it happens, I'll be over in the US this coming week, so, just want to check, candy is kids sweets?

Good idea BTW.

Yeah we use the term candy to just blanket all sweets pretty much. I thought it would be cool to get some photos of different "sweets" from around the world. So try to find something that can only be had from where you're from if possible.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Nikonist
    went for a day's trip to the Netherlands today...the people there like their candy and sweets like the english people love their puppies but due to the cold weather here in Europe there was not much life going on in the streets...so the 'jaw' machine and the poster space were the only things matching the theme...I'll be going again on Monday so maybe some chewing kids around me...

pp:curves and usm
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

Since my girlfriend has been pregnant the pasta/tins cupboard in our kitchen has turned into a sweets stash!

Not the best picture but I wanted to get something up. Messed with levels as this was very dark to start with

before: http://innocuo.com/images/wc/wc2_o.jpg

This was taken with a cellphone (n900). It reminds me of an 80's cooking book :P
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Argo your photo isn't showing up.

will add more when I have time. just got home and need to go to bed for work. bleh.

It's back. I think my site was down
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Nikonist
    argo you did improve it a löt!
    We still have these kind of candy here in Germany too...survived from the 60's...very sweet and fruity! :-)
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

Bit late on this one but here's my entry:

I might not be able to post my entry till Saturday so don't worry. That place is wild...

I apologize for not having a post tonight but this week of work has been super crazy and I am DEAD tired. I did however already pick up a bunch of candy on my way home and have a few different things I wanna try out so tomorrow afternoon I shall have something up.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and starts on their Fruit photos. Work should be way better so hopefully I'll have something up early in the week instead of late

I went to do my candy idea and it was just a disaster. I need to try it a different way...I guess there is always tomorrow