A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loading txt questions and answer into hangman game

Loading txt questions and answer into hangman game

Hi..Urgently need help on my project..
    I have a hangman game which randomly selects words from a txt file. But i need to add questions to the game which is linked to the word selected and i'm clueless on how to go about it. Help please?

Dilz,

You could have the question loaded from within the same .txt file as the word comes from. I've uploaded an example, it's in MX format. Post if you need more help.

Mo
    Last edited by Mo1010427; 08-15-2007 at 07:08 PM.

Thanks Mo1010427!
    That example shed some much needed light..I found this great hangman tutorial..But they used XML instead of txt file to hold the words. Can i use the still use txt example? Or is it a different format altogether?

Dilz,

I don't quite understand what you're asking me there. I'm shooting in the dark; but I think you're asking if you can use the tutorial that you found but run a .txt file in replacement of their .xml file. Is that what you're asking? If so, I would think you could, but some of the AS code would need to be modified. Xml and txt are different; similiar, but different.

Mo

Loading txt questions and answer into hangman game

I need help with my hangman game. I need to use xml file and also I need to add question to eat, please someone help me with this.
    Thanx