A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Wallabies vs All Blacks

It's time to choose a side for the game of the year. No longer can we sit on the fence and chew the fat. Saturday night is "the cup" night.

In the gold corner we have the reigning world champions - the wallabies!! Fresh from their victory over the south africans. these guys are hungry for some black jerseys to match the curtains.

In the black corner we have the Kiwi All "I can't believe the french beat us" Blacks. Their recent win in the Super 12 has given them a boost but do they have what it takes?

Anyone going to Stadium Australia? See you there!!

GO YOU WALLABIES!!!

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    Real Football starts in September!!!!!!! Although you can see practice games starting this next month!! Yeah 100 yards of Grass, A grid Iron painted out. And the point of the game..... Take their F*@king Land!!!!!!! yeah now thats a game baby!

pope, the realness of football is inversely proportional to the amount of padding the players wear

When god created the world he rested on the 7th day because universe creation and game of rugby in the same week was too much.

We thank thee for the pillars of modern society - the internet, all you can eat pizza, cricket and rugby!

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    Is that Rugby your talking about? I thought it was soccer. I will have to say "Happiness is somone else under your feet in a scrum!!" I love rugby, to old to play now but did when I was a bit younger. American football is not as safe as you think those pads dont do much. Lots and Lots of Broken bones. Soccer on the other had is not violent. I have no Idea why the rest of the world loves the game, I just cant watch it. I guess its all on what you grow up with. Hope your team wins. I will say a blessing over them and if they dont win its your fault.he he he.

pope you're a man after my own heart. I had no idea that the yanks dabbled rugby. Thanks for the blessing too!!

resolved

Is All Blacks the name of that team? Or is it a description of the players on that team? I am in the US, so I guess I wouldn't know. Sounds worse if it is a description.

Pope, I don't much like football, I am down here in Dallas, Michael Irvin retierd yesterday, and that is all that was on the radio and TV and ESPN. At 2:00 the night before he retired, I was all set to watch the Tour de France, and thanks to their lame programming, that is when it was to come on. well, came on at 2:30, after Irvin stuff. Irked me to no avail.

Well, Armstrong is going to win the Tour again this year, and he is from nearby. Hooray for the US!! let's keep our fingers crossed nothing bad happens and he loses the yellow. That guy came back from testicular cancer, won last year, and he's gonna do it again. Truly remarkable,

mg33

President, save the
    New Zealand dollar foundation

the fu$%#*& description of the team?!!?
    right now I've taken offence, what the hell hick state do you come from, questioning the mighty All Blacks, I've got a good mind to travel up to that swamp you call home and plague a Haka on your ass. (Don't take offence, just entering into the spirit of the fight)
    The All Blacks are the New Zealand Rugby Test squad, named for their "All Black" colored uniform (I even spelled coloured the American way so you could understand it, gee, aren't I nice)
    Eddie, what can I say man, may the best team wearing black win, I would put my money where my mouth is, but the TAB has got the AB's as favourite, so they're not paying too much.. bugger. You had a good win against the 'boks, but Larkham is going to be the dirt on Scott Robertson's boot, (if he ever runs it that is, can't blame him if he kicks all night). May all your Jonahmares come true.

(sh%t I hope we win. I'll look like a bit of a dick if we don't)
    In all seriousness, I don't get the TAB, you guys are the world cup champions, we got beaten by France.....
    $%$@$#$@@#$$@#$@#$@#$@#@#$@##$%#$%#@

President, save the
    New Zealand dollar foundation

Oh, by the way, it wasn't just a victory in the super 12, but a monumental statement for the depth of New Zealand Rugby (how many times has the super12 trophy left NZ?)
    Toddy led the Crusaders onto the park, and won the game with the tightest defensive pattern rugby has ever seen, tackling like their lives depended on it, to make it 3 in a row for the mighty Cantabrians. The Brumbies were never going to win, Gregan, Williams, hell even Kafer's "dummy runs" (read sheparding lawlessness) couldn't save them...
    never mind, theres always next year...

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar

resolved Trample the Wallabies

As a South African supporter I sincerely hope the All Blacks destroy the Wallabies - considering the way the Boks are currently playing we sure as hell won't do it

To demonstrate what kind of emotion there is read this:

It's 1980 3 kids are playing in the street in Cape Town & get hit by a
    lorry. They all go to heaven and God says to them, "You weren't
    supposed to
    die, you were all supposed to live out your lives. This was not your
    time.
    To make it up to you, I'll let you choose what you want to do with your
    life. Take a running jump off of that cloud over there, and as you're
    flying back down to Earth, shout out what you want to do. And so it
    shall
    be."
    The 1st kid takes a running leap and shouts "Lawyer" and so, 20 yrs
    later,
    he is a very successful lawyer, making lots of money, with an upcoming
    appointment to the Bench.

The 2nd kid takes his turn and shouts "brain surgeon" and so, 20 years
    later, he is the most admired man in his field of medicine and making a
    ton
    of money saving lives.

The 3rd kid goes to take his turn, and as he runs he trips over his own
    feet
    and stumbles off the cloud muttering ..."stupid clumsy sh*t.....".
    20 years later, he's playing Fullback for the Springboks.

ALL BLACKS ALL THE WAY!!! my brother just got back from a mission trip in new zealand and got to practice with the all black team. he knows all the guys on it and gets letters etc... all the time!

Go WALLABIES!!!
    Rugby is a very cool game indeed.
    And yes Ed we do know about Rugby.
    At least me and the Pope do.

What do ya aussies think of Hockey?

POST MATCH REPORT

What can I say - that was the best rugby game I have ever seen. I've gotta hand it to the All blacks they deserved to win after running away with the game in the first five minutes. I was at the game and the crowd (including myself) was dumbfounded. The kiwis in front of me were going bananas.

Then the fight back that saw the aussies even at half time was nothing short of legendary. I'm hoarse from all the beer and shouting.

In summary all i can say is "what can they expect when andrew walker (brumbies legend that he his) gives the All blacks (namely lomu) possession in the last two minutes of the game? Of course they were going to win!!

See you all in Two weeks time!!!!

eddie

jyndas - I love Ice hockey but I have a confession to make. I support the maple leafs because of my canadian friend who started me on hockey. how about u?

wow cool that's one of my favorite teams.
    My Home team is the Detroit Red Wings..
    they are one of the best teams in the NHL

We play the Maple Leafs all the time