A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Weekly Challenge :: Part IV :: Reflection(without mirrors)

Weekly Challenge :: Part IV :: Reflection(without mirrors)

What to post
    Post an image of at least 750px wide for landscape or 450px for portrait. Please include at least the files EXIF data. Also a before photo would be awesome to see for the processing you did. If you really want brownie points a shot of your setup would be great especially for lighting shots.

Week 4
    Reflection (without mirrors)

Figured this can make for a nice little challenge. So go out and shoot any type of reflection you can find- but without using a mirror.

Note: All images and/or photographs posted in this thread are the private property of the individual posting. No rights are given to anyone viewing this post. Use of any image posted in this thread is illegal and punishable by law, unless express permission is given by the photographer.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Nikonist
    went to Siena/Italy yesterday and caught this reflection...

apologize for the 'quality'...laptop postprocessing
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

25mm, f/4 1/40 ISO 800.

It's bleh
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Was going to do something a bit more experimental/creative but haven't had the time - I'm right at the end of a big project this week.

This was taken a while back looking over Loch Ness, first thing in the morning.

Canon 5D + 70-200mm f/4 L @81mm f/8 1/250 sec ISO 1250

Photoshop: Slight gradient exposure reduction on the sky in ACR and then levels, saturation, noise reduction and then dodge and burn on the reflections to bring them out more. Then a final sharpen.

Actually - while we're at it, I may as well post this as well. This was taken on the same morning. The light that morning was a amazing - really low, bright sunlight bouncing off the autumn forest mountains and then with a layer of fog.. Was breathtaking. That was the point when I realised just how important 'Golden Hour' shooting is... That light is something else..

Here's my reflection. Been a busy week that's for sure!
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna