A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with buttons please

Help with buttons please

I put this button menu together from bits and pieces. I have a mc with hidden buttons behind it and when you roll over the movie clip the buttons tween up from behind it and when you roll out it tweens back behind the mc. My only problem is that I can't click on any of the buttons that pop out because it tweens back as soon as I move the cursor off the mc.

I thought that if I placed the buttons inside the mc and just reference the movieclip that it would work but obviously not.

How can I fix this?

Actionscript Code:
    import fl.transitions.Tween;
    import fl.transitions.easing.*;
    import flash.events.MouseEvent;

avatar.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_OVER, onOver);

function onOver(event:MouseEvent):void{
        avatar.removeEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_OVER, onOver);
        avatar.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_OUT, onOut);
        var statement_btn:Tween = new Tween(avatar.statement_btn, "y", Strong.easeOut, 78.15, -28.85, .2, true);
        var contact_btn:Tween = new Tween(avatar.contact_btn, "y", Strong.easeOut, 54.15, -52.85, .4, true);
        var resume_btn:Tween = new Tween(avatar.resume_btn, "y", Strong.easeOut, 29.15, -77.85, .6, true);
        var press_btn:Tween = new Tween(avatar.press_btn, "y", Strong.easeOut, 5.15, -101.85, .8, true);
    }

function onOut(event:MouseEvent):void{
        avatar.removeEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_OUT, onOut);
        var statement_btn:Tween = new Tween(avatar.statement_btn, "y", Strong.easeOut, -28.85, 78.15, .4, true);
        var contact_btn:Tween = new Tween(avatar.contact_btn, "y", Strong.easeOut, -52.85, 54.15, .4, true);
        var resume_btn:Tween = new Tween(avatar.resume_btn, "y", Strong.easeOut, -77.85, 29.15, .4, true);
        var press_btn:Tween = new Tween(avatar.press_btn, "y", Strong.easeOut, -101.85, 5.15, .4, true);
        avatar.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_OVER, onOver);
    }

Just move them in a different spot. Try the code like this too if you want the buttons to only come at a specific time.

button.hide() ( To make it hide )
    button.show() ( To make it show )

Of coarse make the time by using a time variable first.
    Nintendo Land!