dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Display glitching

Display glitching

If I have a textfield instanciated from the document class with a base .string set as for example "4444" and BEFORE adding it to stage, I change the .string value to say "1234", when I test the swf, I can see the 4444 for a very short time changing for the 1234.

I didn't change the value after adding to stage so I don't get why the display number is changed after being added to display.

How to force it to add to stage (display itself) only once the initial changes to his properties are done?

I don't quite understand the problem and why you need to set the field to 4444. If you want to set something set it to

myText.text = "";
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -
    | www.Flashscript.biz | Flashscript Biz Classes/Components |

The 4444 is an example. The problem is at the application launch, if there is a change to the value of myText.text (for example the constructor set the value to "10000", but a function called by that constructor apply a formula and change the value to "12345") it displays for a very short amount of time the initial "10000" before changing to the wanted value, even though the change is made before it is added to stage.

In short, it doesn't look sharp to have that 10000 be shown then quickly changed to 12345 for the user.

Example:
    tf.text = String(10000);
    myFunction();
    addChild(tf);

private function myFunction(){tf.text = String(10000+2345)}

With that, for a fraction of a second, sometimes the person opening the swf will see "10000" changing into "12345". I hope I could make it clear enough :/

How to make sure only the latest value is shown without ever showing the previous values when it's added to stage?

up