A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I KNOW this is easy but....

I KNOW this is easy but....

I've finished copying and pasting 350 images into a timeline, creating simple animation. But When I finished, I realized my stage is too big to fit into the <td> element width on my html page. When I shrink the dimensions of my embedded width and length params of the html, expectedly, my animation gets too small.

I'k like shave off space to the right and left (possibly above and below) my animation so that when the .swf is inserted (and auto-resized) into my html <td> tag, the animation is large enough for enduser to appreciate.

Any ideas my brainiac friends?

Oh yeah.... I know I can change the dimensions of the stage, but that doesn't affect where each image is on the stage, respectively.

So I guess I'm asking, can I do something without selecting every image and manually re-centering, and then manually changing the dimensions of the stage? Man!!! that would sound like an excrutiating all night and early morning task!!!

:-)

Would batch resizing of the 350 images help? cyn

You just wana get every image to center itself on the stage irrespective of where it is currently, right ?
    As ever,
    Vinayak Kadam

on batch resizing

cyn,

Thats an interesting concept. I suppose I could something like that over in "the Gimp" (where I produce my images) but, in the final placement of my .swf in my <td> theres going to be a little dimensional transformations I already plan for since my original images don't exactly square with the space in where they're ultimately going. Still, I don't think that will help me with the centering problem I have as the stage will orient (all) my images exactly where they are now and - my bad - I brought each of them to the stage at the wrong location, with the wrong stage size to boot.

I doodle with the MX ruler (x and y axis) and it almost seems like a tease that you cannot shift the stage vs. the rulers and "snap" it to a new destination. It would make my problem go away as all images would then share a common stage location.

i'm still doodlin along.

thx

re: so you wanna...

pretty much Vinayak,

If I could do that, with all my images in the center, I could just export my .swf over to its new <td> home. And if I don't like its redrawn dimensions due to the padding on both the left, right (or top or bottom) of my images, I could probably just increase the width and length params in the <embed> to make the shockwave animation larger but use fixed pixel width in the <td> to truncate some unused space on my left and right sides.

I think, therefore I doodle.

thx Vinayak

Though I do think there might be functionality in MX to allow me to copy all the frames and paste them into another flash file. If so, I might be able to create a stage with the right dimensions and paste the frames over from the flash file I don't like. ....will try this later and post any success.

Well, it turns out that my last idea didn't work. Separate instances of flash files won't accept a multi frame paste from another. It was a good idea though.

What I'm doing instead is just using ctl-alt-2 and ctl-alt-5 on every image sequentially to reset it in the middle with the stage now shunk to the dimentions i want. bummer... I hate tedium with a passion.

I may be missing something here as I haven't followed the thread that carefully, but I think you can centre all your frames by using the Edit Multiple Frames icon just under the timeline. Then stretch the range across all your frames and then use the align to stage and it should do em all.

B
    ----------------------------------
    http://www.benhull.co.uk

Or, could you just import all your frames but make sure your editing in a movie clip at the time, and then they'll all be boxed up in one movie clip and you can move that around on your main scene?

B
    ----------------------------------
    http://www.benhull.co.uk

HELLP, maybe someone can drop a reference shows where to begin to create the Web site? Thank