A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: sms form

sms form

ok so i wanted to make a sms form. but from my computer not from a website.

i wanted to work this out but i can't seem to figure it out. i basically want to make a form were i can put in the persons number then they can write the message and press send.

now judging on research i might need to have a checklist with all operators. like optus, virginmobile and so on. i live in australia but i don't want this to be country specific well if that's possible.

i need as much help as possible with this, or at least a solid push in the right direction.

Will moderate for beer
    I'm not sure about Australia, but in the US, all cellular operators have an email gateway to sms. That means each phone number has a corresponding email address you can send email to and it will arrive as an sms on that phone. The address varies by carrier.

The only one I was able to find on a quick search was SL Interactive, which is number@slinteractive.com.au

Search for each carrier and the term "email sms gateway". You'll find pages like this that may help you. http://www.mutube.com/projects/open-.../gateway-list/