A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 2 or more Motion scripts?

2 or more Motion scripts?

Hi @ all!
    I'm a absolute beginner with cool moves and my english is not the best.I tried now for 3 hours to run in frame1 the motion script "flow on curve" and to run in frame2 the script "sparkles".When I try to change the script, it is always changed in both frames.What do I wrong?Can someone please tell me this in easy words and step by step?Lot's of thank's!

Super Moderator
    You can only apply a single motion script to an object.

Only one motion script can be put on something. So, to use two different motion scrips, you need two different things which look alike. The easiest way for you to do this is to:
    1.) Use only one frame,
    2.) Put on the "flow on curve" motion script onto your text (or shape),
    3.) In top menus, go to "Objects" > "Convert to Movie Clip",
    4.) Put on the "sparkles" motion script.

Thank you very much!

Here is another way to make two different things which look alike:
    1.) Make a two frame movie of the text (or shape),
    2.) Go to first frame, click on the clock icon at the bottom left, then pick 160 tweens,
    3.) Go to second frame, select the text, then copy and paste it,
    4.) Move copy of text up 3 and left 3 using arrow keys (so it is in same position as original)
    5.) Put on the "flow on curve" motion script onto your original text in frame 1,
    6.) Put on the "sparkles" motion script onto the copied text in frame 2.

Your first tip is so easy and works fine! I see no reason to do this more difficult as your second tip,but again lot's of thanks! Today I made a few animations for the startsite of my homepage,take a look at http://www.projekt-3d.de

Nice web site! Instantly engaging.

Oh,thank you!In the moment I'm still having problems with my videos and internet- explorer,when I'm using quicktime.If I use flash or other formats,I have problems with firefox.I think the only way for me is a direkt link to the movie,it's not so nice but seems to work.

What problem were you having with flash format in Firefox? If it was a dotted line around your movie, then here is a fix:
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hlight=firefox

No,It's a different problem.The best constallation for me and a friend using internet explorer8 would be to work with flash-videos(flv).That works fine,but not with firefox.When my code want's to stop the video and remove it,firefox says "not defined".I think,that my Wysiwyg-Programm (WebCreator5pro)generates a not correkt code,but I have no knolledge about html or java.
    In the version of my website the last 2 days I worked with QuickTime-format and a unvisible button to stop and blend out.That works also fine with my pc,but not with the pc of my friend.The videos loading very long and at last it doesn't start.
    Since now I made direct links to the movies,that is terrible because the loadingtime,but it's shure working.

One possible fix is to use your WebCreator5pro to edit your web page so that the FLV is replaced with a JPG. Then use KoolMoves to replace your web page's JPG with a flash file (SWF), which contains a media player component that loads and controls the FLV.

I think the same about WebCreator.I didn't test your tip but did something different:
    For every video I created a new page,so I don't have to be sorrow about the stop and hide of the video.It works fine and fast,makes my code and overview much more better for service.The idea of the direct links was the badest idea I ever had.I didn't know,that there is a really download working.The time for downloading couldn't be accept,extremly using firefox,why ever.

Glad to hear you found something that works.